Matthijs de Ligt

If De Jong is getting close to 300k per week I imagine Mino will be asking for crazy wages for this lad as well.

Either would be good.

When I think of how many corners we get and then think back to the World Cup I reckon Maguire could get double figures for us

We're at the point now where we could spend alot of money in attacking areas on excellent players who fit the system etc. without it resulting in better numbers.

Adding a genuine threat from set pieces tho is one of the few areas we can instantly gain from with just 1 signing like Maguire.

Either would be good.

When I think of how many corners we get and then think back to the World Cup I reckon Maguire could get double figures for us

We're at the point now where we could spend alot of money in attacking areas on excellent players who fit the system etc. without it resulting in better numbers.

Adding a genuine threat from set pieces tho is one of the few areas we can instantly gain from with just 1 signing like Maguire.

City threat from corners? Ha.

Hopefully we stopped chasing a left back as we have had a positive message from the De Ligt camp.

I feel like most transfer windows I come on here there's a story about how we're in a battle with Barcelona to get a player. I can't recall anyone choosing City over Barcelona (open to being proven ignorant).

I feel we must get danced around the houses by agents quite a bit even if we know the chances are low. Maybe we have to play the game in these situations to build relationships so that when Barcelona aren't in the picture we're front of the queue.

@Dobsy, this is true to a point and as City grows in prominence the factors that would lead a target to choose Barca over you lot will gradually see that gap close. No question the style & philosophy (or simply the overall team tactics) of the coach also plays a big factor in bridging that gap. Of course, just owing the history there will always be players dreaming of playing to Barca - imagine when Messi's era ends, it will certainly bolster the dreams of future footballers as well

It would seem there might be an announcement expected from De Ligt/Ajax by Wednesday if reports are to be believed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.