Matthijs de Ligt

Put in a great performance for Ajax against Bayern the other week.

Looked calm and assertive in defense with Ribery in his back pocket!

For me, this guy is even more important than Frenkie De Jong. Frenkie is a great midfielder, sure, but you can find several good alternatives in that department.
De Ligt on the other hand, is one of the most promising central defenders in the world, hands down. He will be a new Pique, Ramos or you name it. Together with Stones and Laporte, he would represent a top three defensive line in the world for at least 7 or 8 years. City's defense could take them to higher grounds in the Champions League too.

For me, De Ligt is like Mbappe in the defensive department. Look how he plays and controls the attackers already, and he is 19! This guy... I beg City to buy him. He is worth 80-100m. If not now, he will be.

I agree that he is a better player than De Jong.
The problem is that Barcelona is desperate for CB so they will bid very high.
I think Barca will take De Ligt and we will take De Jong.

For me, this guy is even more important than Frenkie De Jong. Frenkie is a great midfielder, sure, but you can find several good alternatives in that department.
De Ligt on the other hand, is one of the most promising central defenders in the world, hands down. He will be a new Pique, Ramos or you name it. Together with Stones and Laporte, he would represent a top three defensive line in the world for at least 7 or 8 years. City's defense could take them to higher grounds in the Champions League too.

For me, De Ligt is like Mbappe in the defensive department. Look how he plays and controls the attackers already, and he is 19! This guy... I beg City to buy him. He is worth 80-100m. If not now, he will be.
We have Garcia and Sandler,to name but two who are regarded as fantastic prospects and who are both expected to step into the boots of Komps and Ota.

FDJ is a generation talent,in a position we are in dire need of a first choice replacement,there are none better IMO.

I agree that he is a better player than De Jong.
The problem is that Barcelona is desperate for CB so they will bid very high.
I think Barca will take De Ligt and we will take De Jong.

Exactly.

Barca have Vermaelen a 32 year old sick note, Pique who is in decline and I believe is 1st in Europe this season in mistakes leading to goals, Umtiti who is good and Lenglet who the jury is still out on. They are also stacked in midfield.

Exactly.
Barca have Vermaelen a 32 year old sick note, Pique who is in decline and I believe is 1st in Europe this season in mistakes leading to goals, Umtiti who is good and Lenglet who the jury is still out on. They are also stacked in midfield.
Pique form is absolutely dire.
On top of that Umtiti has serious knee injury and is out for few months.

Pique form is absolutely dire.
On top of that Umtiti has serious knee injury and is out for few months.

Didn’t realize Umtiti’s injury was that serious, just read he might not play again this year.

Next 3 games are league leaders Sevilla, Inter than Real. All at home, tough run though.

Ajax would do very well to sell both De Jong and de Ligt while the demand is high. They can probably get at least £120m for them both which is insane money for the club.

Nope,he's not.

FDJ is more cultured and has more strings to his bow.

De Ligt will be one of the very best defenders of his generation. He's got everything - reading of the game, skill on the ball, temperament, leadership, size, and contrary to what someone said a page or two back, he's fast enough too, had no trouble against Sané 1v1.

De Jong on the other hand could be a player who goes down in the history books because of his uniqueness, Beckenbauer, Cruyff etc, he just sees the game differently to the players around him. Under the right coach, in the right team, he could be that good, but if he makes the wrong move I also think he could be boxed into a traditional role and not fulfil his potential. He'll still be good because he could play anywhere in midfield and CB, but he needs to go to a special coach, like Pep, to be given a role where he can do all of those things at once.

Both will be right up there, apparently the Dutch think they're the best players to come out of their country for generation(s) and all the big clubs are chasing them with offers that will double or treble the transfer record from the dutch league for a reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.