Matthijs de Ligt

I think VVD would have come to us no problem mate if we would have paid the fee? Can’t see the dippers paying another £70m for a CB though. If we got De Ligt, rhodri, wan bissaka and Felix we would be set for years!

I hope you're right

@Dobsy, this is true to a point and as City grows in prominence the factors that would lead a target to choose Barca over you lot will gradually see that gap close. No question the style & philosophy (or simply the overall team tactics) of the coach also plays a big factor in bridging that gap. Of course, just owing the history there will always be players dreaming of playing to Barca - imagine when Messi's era ends, it will certainly bolster the dreams of future footballers as well

It would seem there might be an announcement expected from De Ligt/Ajax by Wednesday if reports are to be believed

Even if you take any sporting/history thing out of contest, I struggle to see why would anyone pick to live in Manchester over Barcelona with similar money on the table. With all the background Barca has as a club, the city and sun over there is a big selling point to Barca. Even Rags at their highest point were not as attractive as Barca/Real. They were top choice for British players but out of that, not really.

We'll always struggle to compete with El Clasico teams. They can offer same money, they are the biggest clubs in the world and both are from huge cities with great climate. Player really needs to buy into City to pick it over them. Or to think that he has more chance to play regularly. Out of that it's Spain 8 out of ten times.

I think VVD would have come to us no problem mate if we would have paid the fee? Can’t see the dippers paying another £70m for a CB though. If we got De Ligt, rhodri, wan bissaka and Felix we would be set for years!
Thats over 250,000 pounds. Don't think we'd spend that much.

I believe he's rated higher but I live in Scotland bud so someone like @Delphinho or of course @twosips could answer that better.
I don’t live in England either, but I’m streaming every U18, U19 and U23 game possible, but I’m not able to see all the matches. Garcia is better om the ball, and a better passer than Harwood-Bellis, but not by a very big margin. THB is the better defender, he’s taller and also a lot more physical. I rate Harwood-Bellis higher, but they’re both outstanding talents and definitely has the potential to play for the first team some day. If Vinny stays for one more season, I hope Garcia and Harwood-Bellis will rotate as the 4th choice CB. They’re THAT good

I need a better attacking fullback. Wan Bissaka has shown great defensive capacity, but I'd look for a RB with a deadly cross and great overlapping skills

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.