UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the article comes from the NY Times. That would be based in America, remind me again who owns the Dippers and Manure....
No, it is because Tariq Panja writes for the NYT.

And the guy has clearly inside sources from UEFA. For any UEFA business story, i would definitely listen to what he says because he knows a lot.

Yes, and don't forget that the same PSG were part of the old G14 cartel (or whatever it was) anyway, nothing dodgy going on here.

The conflict of interests is beyond staggering.

Could imagine everyone being fine with it if our chairman was on the board.

The PSG guy is an ECA representative for UEFA..

"The European Club Association (ECA) is a body representing the interests of professional association football clubs in UEFA. It is the sole such body recognised by UEFA, and has member clubs in each UEFA member association. It was formed in 2008 to replace the G-14, which comprised a small number of elite clubs and was unrecognised by UEFA. The ECA's mission statement is "to create a new, more democratic governance model that truly reflects the key role of the clubs."

Now what happened in 2008 of note!? Anything?

The quoted bit is the best.. "..Truly reflect the key role of the clubs..".

That being "waaaaaah... waaaaaah.. it's not fair anymore as even though we've used our vast wealth to get into this monopoly to real wealth have now joined and we dont like it... waaaah".

Us being banned from the CL for a year would go down like a trump in a lift with the Premier League.

With no CL games we’d fucking demolish the title and completely ‘devalue’ the competition. No **** would get near us.

Can’t see the Premier League or the other top 6 clubs being anything but unhappy about it.

And ultimately that misleading information made no difference. We failed to hit the numbers required (as rules were changed), and the information given confirmed that. There would be a case if it impacted whether sanctions were imposed.

UEFA will be opening a huge can of worms if they pursue this. City will throw that late rule change in their face and I am sure the CAS will throw their case out. If not the High Court would for a lack of fair warning.

I am sure UEFA know this and it is purely a front to be seen to be looking into things. They must know City took the hit and didn't fight the sanctions to maintain a relationship. We will fuck them over if they look to do us again.
I think City tried to compromise once before, but wont go down that route again, however I don't believe in natural justice. Their might be courts and due process, but at the end of the day, City are owned by the Arab ogre and there's huge public support for bashing Arab Sheikhs. We are like the Jews in the 1930s. The Allies ignored them when they were getting persecuted, and they ended up fighting for their own state (even if I don't agree with them doing that, I understand they were isolated and I can see why they did it). At the end what you have depends on your strength and political power, and privilege defends its own. Just general prejudices I hold, and probably of no use at all in reading this news!

I know some of you think UEFA is somehow helping PSG but look at the facts : PSG is constantly under threat with FFP, PSG got a crook referee against Barcelona two years ago (even if they played like crap, they should not have been out), PSG got rightly eliminated by Real but in the first leg Ramos did a clear handball and Real equalized on an offside penalty, PSG got a last minute VAR intervention to give MU a penalty for handball.

I really don't see how you can think PSG is getting some kind of preferential treatment whatsoever.

I dont think they are getting on-field pref treatment. But the above is a conflict of interests. How can the owner of a sponsor sit on a board for a governing body of which is uses said sponsor. Adding to the fact the same person also owns a club that sit in said competition!? Its very... veeeeery.. strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.