UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is because Tariq Panja writes for the NYT.

And the guy has clearly inside sources from UEFA. For any UEFA business story, i would definitely listen to what he says because he knows a lot.

Yeah, I wish the world was just this simple.

I dont think they are getting on-field pref treatment. But the above is a conflict of interests. How can the owner of a sponsor sit on a board for a governing body of which is uses said sponsor. Adding to the fact the same person also owns a club that sit in said competition!? Its very... veeeeery.. strange.
Well, the conflict of interest is quite evident but he got elected by his peers, the european clubs presidents. UEFA just validated the choice of ECA members. And i agree that in a perfect world, UEFA should have blocked that choice due to the points you have mentionned.

The spanish lobby, with Tebas being the frontrunner, tried to move heavens to stop that. So, it is not like the cartel is quite content with it.

However, that position is not really changing anything about PSG FFP problems since, soon after CAS ruled in our favor, it was already reported FFP would be at our neck this summer.

And it is also the reason why PSG is in favor of the new Champions League reform. I don't like it but it would offset the financial disadvantage from being a french club. FFF and LFP presidents have already threatened PSG to stop being in favor of that reform or they'll make life hard for the club (like keeping our domestic rights money).

I really believe Nasser got elected because they want that reform to pass and PSG wants it aswell while french football is against it.

30ca750ba12d6e0e424dbf5488f9ccfc.jpg

Nothing new in here, but for those who haven’t seen anything....

Yeah, I wish the world was just this simple.
So why Panja and NYT write about PSG ? Is that an agenda from Liverpool and MU against us ?

I mean, i'm not disputing the agenda at play from UEFA that has to balance against the different lobbies (and Liverpool and MU are part or it). But the report made by the journalist is not from them. It is what UEFA try to do and NYT prolly chose to release now for more impact.

Just an example :

It is from 2018.

I mean they're accused of human rights abuses everyday in everything from working conditions to a war in Yemen. That being the case I really don't think they would be all too concerned about potentially having lied to the governing body of a fucking ball sport... But good effort Tariq.

Well, the conflict of interest is quite evident but he got elected by his peers, the european clubs presidents. UEFA just validated the choice of ECA members. And i agree that in a perfect world, UEFA should have blocked that choice due to the points you have mentionned.

The spanish lobby, with Tebas being the frontrunner, tried to move heavens to stop that. So, it is not like the cartel is quite content with it.

However, that position is not really changing anything about PSG FFP problems since, soon after CAS ruled in our favor, it was already reported FFP would be at our neck this summer.

And it is also the reason why PSG is in favor of the new Champions League reform. I don't like it but it would offset the financial disadvantage from being a french club. FFF and LFP presidents have already threatened PSG to stop being in favor of that reform or they'll make life hard for the club (like keeping our domestic rights money).

I really believe Nasser got elected because they want that reform to pass and PSG wants it aswell while french football is against it.

Good read. I've got no problem at all with PSG spending what they like on players as they have done. Similar to city, it's what was required to join the top clubs. And as you said the French league doesn't have the draw of the prem (or the money) so PSG have had to spend even more to bring in top players.

From what you've put above a lot the old elite didnt want him on board... but I just find it bizarre that he joins them after all the FFP stuff. I cant see them going for PSG again whilst he sits on the board, maybe I'll be proven wrong but smacks of him joining it to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

I dont blame him for doing that (IF he is), as PSG like City have been picked out as we've upset the lesser rich (but still insanely rich) clubs.

Hopefully he'll do us a favour and rightly tell UEFA to stop but I can't see it. Whilst the talks on City, the talk is off PSG.

I think it's a bit naive to assume that this would have no impact on our Premier League status. One City are cast as cheats, then the next step is to move against us in the Premier League. You reckon Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc would not exploit this for every ounce they could get out of it?

However UEFA are a way from getting any of this to stick. It depends on how much they want to push this.

How would they exploit it Marv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.