UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this story broke - I thought there might be something in it - it’s now clear it’s a Fenway Sports /LFC bitter pill. I hope City take those vile fuckers to court over this. The journalist on Twitter is all over the place - hasn’t got a clue... clear this is just been ordained from the top by Fenway Sports and thrown together - might be some basis of fact somewhere but thrown out there in a hurry because the mard arses didn’t win the league.

.. and the NYT just happy to oblige ...

Gang, the NYT sold their stake in Fenway 7 years ago.

I don't think the reporter nor the NYT has an agenda. He has sources in UEFA who are jabbering about what punishment they're musing. It's a tough guy act. The story makes that clear in fact -- some of his sources are worried about City pushing this to CAS, others are afraid they'll be seen as toothless and their reputations damaged personally if they don't do "something." They are in conflict -- there's not a consensus yet is my read.

He's probably had this story for awhile (a few other reporters have hinted at it over the last few days) but -- as I already wrote -- this is a prosecutor claiming he's going to ask for the harshest punishment the law can allow. That's a press conference type of statement. Doesn't say anything about the guilt or innocence of the accused; doesn't say anything about the prosecutor's ability to win the case.

Yes, the timing is geared for near maximum impact when eyeballs are already on us and the league. That's the paper's job -- to maximize eyeballs. Did City get smeared? Well, sort of -- I don't know that the article is especially balanced but we haven't given him much to work with in terms of official statements (not that he wanted nor asked for them).

The agenda is UEFA's, and complaints from dippers et al that City fans are some kind of "cult" because we believe so is laughable. I have an MBA, but I don't need one to know that FFP was designed to curtail exactly the kind of investment the Sheikh has made, not to prevent more Boltons. If you want to prevent Boltons, start with cash flow and leverage levels and an owners ability to fund the club -- and specifically the cushion a club has over its debt service -- not with "net income" or "losses" on a cumulative nor annual basis.

I would have thought our manager and players might have a passing interest in staying in the competition. For example Kun. You know the guy who was in floods of tears after we got put out by Tottenham. I get that they are absolute C**nts but this script that we will be fine if we are out of the CL is just utter shit. We need a level playing field and we need to be part of it and the sooner we can get 100% of supporters behind our participation in it the better all round.
I think you've completely misread my post mate.

When this story broke - I thought there might be something in it - it’s now clear it’s a Fenway Sports /LFC bitter pill. I hope City take those vile fuckers to court over this. The journalist on Twitter is all over the place - hasn’t got a clue... clear this is just been ordained from the top by Fenway Sports and thrown together - might be some basis of fact somewhere but thrown out there in a hurry because the mard arses didn’t win the league.
Even if LFC have a vested interest in the outcome, I don't think they would have the inside track on what's happening with the UEFA Investigation and where they are going with it, and it certainly isn't a Liverpool invention. This is happening though where it goes who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.