Players allegedly singing “Allez” song

Nailed on we'll be playing these fuckers at Anfield in April.

I'm predicting a last day game against these when the fixtures come out so the premier league and sky can wank over a big title decider if next season pans out like this one. At least we should be at home if it happens as WS have been stitched up the last two seasons being away on the last day, I thought it was supposed to alternate?

Of course we should be sensitive to Hillsborough, the surrounding circumstances of which which should offend all right thinking football fans, however there have to be proportionate limits placed upon that, especially through the prism of football ‘bantz’, which is (usually) robust in its nature.

The whole of the song/chant is clearly solely in reference to the game in Kiev and the narrative that immediately surrounded it. The first line provides a strong clue in that regard. If you look further into the structure of the song, the first and second line (and the third and fourth, and so on..) clearly directly cross-reference each other. This is manifest.

Therefore, the reference to “victims of it all” is clearly related to the injury to Salah, which Liverpool fans the world over reacted to in a wholly disproportionate and, at times, farcical way - as if no-one has ever been injured in a football game before. Coming from a club that inflicted, for example, (the inveterate racist) Tommy Smith on the wider footballing world, makes it all the more comical.

The reason the song has been sung with such gusto by City fans is the onslaught they have had to endure since Christmas from the more radical element of Liverpool’s support, aided and abetted by an obsequious media. It is a perfectly natural and understandable reaction.

Anyone who conflates that line with Hillsborough has to be looking to be offended, possibly because they suffer from a mental disorder of some kind.

I’ll be singing it on Saturday, just like I did on Sunday night all over Brighton.

Maybe then we can shelve it; every song has its shelf-life - but certainly not before.

# “All the way to Kiev....”
I think that's stretching it, battered in the streets is glorifying violent behaviour, victims of it all. "All" is all.

I know city fans are just fed up to the back teeth of Liverpool and the media's love in with them. I know that when people sing it Hillsborough and Sean Cox is not in their minds at all. It's just anti-Liverpool and stems from seasons rivalry and their own behaviour over time, but nevertheless if you ask me what I think of the meaning of the lyrics, I don't like them, and I am disappointed that you seek to justify them.

We should keep the essence of the song, and change a few words. I hate the reporting of this as much any City fan but we should still behave respectfully and properly.

For those of a certain age ,when City were on the edge of relegation,”City.s going down like a Russian submarine”,We took it because it was banter from scouse fans,Over the years Liverpool fans have lost it completely because they became a mediocre football club,ignored by the masses,and it hurt,and still does.

For those of a certain age ,when City were on the edge of relegation,”City.s going down like a Russian submarine”,We took it because it was banter from scouse fans,Over the years Liverpool fans have lost it completely because they became a mediocre football club,ignored by the masses,and it hurt,and still does.
Many submariners lost their lives .Never heard a dicky bird from the media condemning fans who sang that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.