Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said earlier we have to use the full force of UAE cyber security technology to dig up dirt on some of these journos. And then whatever dirt we find just keep leaking it bit by bit.

Hope we find some racist emails in Castles, Harris etc emails and then we will out them for what they really are. Wouldnt be fun?

Even Pep can feel how much attack is coming his way hope when he visits Mansour soon they will take about this. This needs to be stopped, time to fight these ugly racist journos with their own medicine.

while most of the journalists and part time bloggers/twitter warriors posted on this thread are 100% weapons, there is something to be said for a certain amount of bias in reporting or live commentating. these people are essentially in the entertainment industry and therefore the product they are supplying to their demographic needs to be interesting and entertaining.
having a realistic commentary or point of view on city recently would not make for excitement or entertainment for neutrals are the underdog fan boys. we have raised the level of play in this league and other teams are struggling to catch up. the game yesterday showed the gulf in class between 1st and 8th in the league at the moment, but the distance between 3rd and 10th is not that far apart. 1st and 2nd in the league this year have raised the bar to new heights, almost to an unrealistic level.
the commentator getting over giddy at a half chance from Watford is trying to drum up some emotion from the viewers, simple as that. i've been that viewer in the past and have cheered on the underdog, because back then that is what City were in those games, and i had genuine affinity with other teams in our situation.
certain leanings towards liverpool winning can be understood to some degree because of the human aspect of them winning it after 30 years. it is a bigger story to sell. bigger story = more clicks and therefore more cash. lets be honest here, those journalists we talk about are not in the industry for the love of the game only, they are in it for the same reason we all go to work. sometimes its a bonus to do a job you love and get paid while you're doing it.
unfortunately, some of the bottom feeding journos out there are in a frenzy to get the negative slant on City out to the general public via the entrenched whipped up jingoism from our nearest challengers in red. they see a customer base ready and waiting for their "product", and give them what they want in spades to get their attention and clicks. it is lowest common denominator journalism for a new generation of 3 second memory goldfish swimming in a sea of red.
when the red teams are performing, and even when they are not performing, they still warrant more attention because, at present, they have a larger pool of fingers clicking the stories.

tl;dr = pundits/journos are in the entertainment game and pander to their biggest cash cows. it wont change anytime soon.
This post has made me step back and think actually

Thank you

You are right. Whatever their personal leaning and opinion of City they are doing there job

To be good as a journalist means with things that get a reaction. If they were just rolling things out that nobody read they would lose that job or have to move to one that paid less money

I'm not offering this by way of explanation. Just that it occurred to me properly for once what the motivation was

This post has made me step back and think actually

Thank you

You are right. Whatever their personal leaning and opinion of City they are doing there job

To be good as a journalist means with things that get a reaction. If they were just rolling things out that nobody read they would lose that job or have to move to one that paid less money

I'm not offering this by way of explanation. Just that it occurred to me properly for once what the motivation was

In my country there is (supposed to be) a difference between a pundit and a journo.

And well there fucking should be.

Hahah.It certainly is mate.Only 14 miles from my house and frequent the place quite often.Pity he`as a shitty Chester bloke.

Fair play to the MUEN, it was wall to wall online coverage after City won the FA Cup and did the quadruple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.