Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Weird how squeaky clean all these History clubs are.
I hope your not implying Bayern would ever do anything underhand or illegal?
The Italians are renowned for their strict adherence to tax laws and the Spanish clubs are well known for being stand alone self sufficient clubs.
The rags are a money making machine and the dippers are American owned and sponsored so there can surely be no doubt about their legality.

I hope your not implying Bayern would ever do anything underhand or illegal?
The Italians are renowned for their strict adherence to tax laws and the Spanish clubs are well known for being stand alone self sufficient clubs.
The rags are a money making machine and the dippers are American owned and sponsored so there can surely be no doubt about their legality.

Malaysian owners are actually the most squeaky clean, followed by Thai, it is part of the essential culture of that part of the globe.

When this is over City will go after DerSpeigel for being in possession of stolen property, or maybe the editor will wake up one morning and they'll be a camel's head on the pillow as a warning

I think they should buy the publication and shut the fucker down!

This is all about trying to make some mud stick to us . I would like to know who in the 1st place instigated this. It would not surprise me if this came from some of the so called cartel of the big clubs in Europe especially that of Real Madrid, and those big clubs in Germany, Italy along with the likes of Man Utd., Liverpool etc.. The point is that proving it is going to be very hard.

What I want to know is that clubs who continue to make loses year on year, thus they must be spending be on their means, and are not brought up on charges relating to FFP. On the other hand City make a profit, year on year even I fit is a small one are brought up on FFP. This to mean just doesn't make sense.
I expect its because they made more profit and so are allowed to spend more.... It's an abomination afaiac. I would like to quanitfy it, IE how much could RM spend compared to Spurs, whats the difference, actually how much. But I think it's allowing RM and Barca to rebuild without any fear of FFP.

FFP is the equivelent of ASDA/Morrisons/Tesco stopping any newcomer rivals like Lidl/Netto/Aldi from investing their own money to compete with the big boys... IE telling them "You only earn a small amount in this country so that's all you can invest - despite your wealth in other countries"..... It just wouldnt happen, it's backwards thinking, leads to cartels, stops progress, is wrong.

I'm still of the opinion that the concept of UEFA seeking to punish us for events that occurred 5 years ago that we have already been punished for is somewhat bizaar.
We failed their break even test, we got punished, quite heavily in the scheme of punishments handed out for failing the break even test, considering our financial position at the time of increasing revenue and no debt. We promised not to try to bend the rules anymore and paid our fine and took our squad depletion and reduction on registrations.
The matters alleged in Der Spiegel, if true, only indicate we may have failed that break even test by a bit more than we did.
Can that really be justifiable for a CL ban. From all I have gleaned about the DS leaks, despite the gusto with which they were announced, unless we've missed something I just can't see an offence worthy of a CL ban of any kind.

I'm still of the opinion that the concept of UEFA seeking to punish us for events that occurred 5 years ago that we have already been punished for is somewhat bizaar.
We failed their break even test, we got punished, quite heavily in the scheme of punishments handed out for failing the break even test, considering our financial position at the time of increasing revenue and no debt. We promised not to try to bend the rules anymore and paid our fine and took our squad depletion and reduction on registrations.
The matters alleged in Der Spiegel, if true, only indicate we may have failed that break even test by a bit more than we did.
Can that really be justifiable for a CL ban. From all I have gleaned about the DS leaks, despite the gusto with which they were announced, unless we've missed something I just can't see an offence worthy of a CL ban of any kind.
It TOTALLY depends on the media coverage. But yes, hard to believe, we are accused of breaching FFP years and years ago = what shit the papers are saying now!

The powers that be, wherever that is, make decisions based on potential press fallout.

I do wonder. If this stuff with UEFA and FFP blows over in a way that's favourable to Man City, do Der Spiegel have even more stuff they haven't released yet to ensure that we're always in the doghouse?

This is purely guesswork but looking at the way Der Spiegel presented their story over 4 parts, and seeing it run out of legs with each passing instalment, I'd imagine that what they did reveal was the worst of all the City e-mails. Unless there's more to the saga than what has already been published, most of it was hot air anyway but twisted in a way to give the impression we've been up to all kinds of dodgy shit. Don't get me wrong, there's stuff in there that understandably raises questions, but even David Conn said in an artcile way back before Christmas that he didn't think it amounted to much.

This is purely guesswork but looking at the way Der Spiegel presented their story over 4 parts, and seeing it run out of legs with each passing instalment, I'd imagine that what they did reveal was the worst of all the City e-mails. Unless there's more to the saga than what has already been published, most of it was hot air anyway but twisted in a way to give the impression we've been up to all kinds of dodgy shit. Don't get me wrong, there's stuff in there that understandably raises questions, but even David Conn said in an artcile way back before Christmas that he didn't think it amounted to much.
got to ask, with them "hacking" a lot of emails from around the sporting or football world who is going to get it next, i think this was a targeted hack, paid for by certain clubs, wouldn't it be lovely if during the trail the accused spills the beans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.