Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really care? The last thing we want is for us to become a snowflake, offended by everything fan base like them. Let them print more Liverpool stories, it will only make it even sweeter when we win the League again so they can create a Petition for a Joint Premier League Winners Trophy the Weirdo's. Fuck em!
At times on this forum its fucking pitiful with some of the toys being thrown out of the pram for next to nothing to complain about.
Some people are never happy unless they whinge about anything and everything.Unfortunately its the same posters again and again ...

At times on this forum its fucking pitiful with some of the toys being thrown out of the pram for next to nothing to complain about.
Some people are never happy unless they whinge about anything and everything.Unfortunately its the same posters again and again ...

There is constant whinging in this thread about the posters and posts in it.

As I understand it, the new rules were in force last season in the CL from the quarter final stage, even though they were not be common currency until this month. So Llorente should not have been able to score off his arm, elbow, or whatever was sticking out of his shoulder!

That was my understanding. The VAR interpretation that it "came off the knee" was based on the speed it flew into the goal. had it not hit the arm of Llorente then the ball would have had neither the same speed or direction. Pushing/deflecting onto his hip/thigh area was a clear instance of gaining an unfair advantage from a handball, regardless of any question of intent.

My understanding is that it was for defensive handball (Rose vs City, Otamendi vs Schalke, the Utd/PSG match). but not for attacking handball.

The only reference I've seen is something Rossetti said before the new laws were finalised, and make no mention of attacking handball. If there is anything about it, I've not seen it. I think the new laws on "not scoring off an arm" are new additions.

What I'm expecting is much kicking the ball at arms and screaming at the ref. I think that's what Mane did in the CL final, because that's how it's now reffed.

(and, er, I've helped to drag the media thread into VAR thread. oops).

The application of handball within the penalty area via VAR will be based on different criteria than if the ball came into contact with hand or arm outside the area. I think the sole purpose will be to benefit particular teams and disadvantage others.

We weren't stitched up this season. We conceded a bunch of goals at home and missed a penalty away from home.

Llorente 's handball never happened then ? Any contact with the arm or hand accidental or not in the penalty are is now considered an offence in the Champs league , the referee changed the rule on the night and we didnt go through , and yes with Kun's penalty we should have gone through by two clear goals. As for conceding a "bunch" of goals ' the Dippers conceded more goals in the Champs league than us , and won it.

Llorente 's handball never happened then ? Any contact with the arm or hand accidental or not in the penalty are is now considered an offence in the Champs league , the referee changed the rule on the night and we didnt go through , and yes with Kun's penalty we should have gone through by two clear goals. As for conceding a "bunch" of goals ' the Dippers conceded more goals in the Champs league than us , and won it.

The goals comment was intended to be only about the Spurs match, not the whole competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.