Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it, the new rules were in force last season in the CL from the quarter final stage, even though they were not be common currency until this month. So Llorente should not have been able to score off his arm, elbow, or whatever was sticking out of his shoulder!

My understanding is that it was for defensive handball (Rose vs City, Otamendi vs Schalke, the Utd/PSG match). but not for attacking handball.

The only reference I've seen is something Rossetti said before the new laws were finalised, and make no mention of attacking handball. If there is anything about it, I've not seen it. I think the new laws on "not scoring off an arm" are new additions.

What I'm expecting is much kicking the ball at arms and screaming at the ref. I think that's what Mane did in the CL final, because that's how it's now reffed.

(and, er, I've helped to drag the media thread into VAR thread. oops).

I still think VAR will get there eventually. I just hope it's not always City getting the short end of a the stick as they figure it out.

It will never get there. As I posted in VAR thread I was talking to a top referee last week and the feeling amongst refs was they are shiting it they haven't a clue

Might have been said somewhere in the previous 1276 pages but the M.E.N. website always has Manchester U****d news before City's and the rags are listed first in spite of being after City both alphabetically and in other ways.

Might have been said somewhere in the previous 1276 pages but the M.E.N. website always has Manchester U****d news before City's and the rags are listed first in spite of being after City both alphabetically and in other ways.

They are ahead of city in number of Asian Pacific based twats that pretend to support them which is the key metric used by the MEN in terms of sort order.

I have just complained to the BBC online.
https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?lang=en&reset=&uid=640422838#anchor
I suggest other fans could do also. If they get complaints someone, somewhere might pay attention sometime?
"Premier League bias in reporting of new Premier League fixtures.
Photograph of Liverpool holding CL trophy is not relevant to the Premier League which the article is about. Article leads with Liverpool rather than the PL Champions Manchester City. Throughout last season the BBC sport coverage was completely biased in favour of Liverpool and so with a new season the same bias continues. Acknowledge the current PL champions when reporting on a PL story and report fairly and even handedly on the clubs.
If this had been an article on the Champions League a photo of Liverpool and leading with their fixtures would have been appropriate, but it's not.
The continued bias of the sports section in the BBC in favour of Liverpool and Manchester United is blatant and constant. Please give independent neutral coverage as the BBC charter."

Christ. I think a lot of people need to take a step back a minute for the sake of their own sanity.

There's 19 other teams in the Premier League. Would say a Bournemouth fan look at the BBC website and claim bias when he or she doesn't see a picture of a Bournemouth player accompanying the announcement of the new fixtures? Do the promoted sides have a claim to be included? City do not have divine rights to being the only team that can be pictured. Although we are champions there are fans of other clubs to consider.

As it happens, the two times I have viewed the fixtures on the BBC app today they have been accompanied by a picture of Stones lifting the trophy and then the whole City team. People need to take a step back and have a bit more clarity to their thinking.

Christ. I think a lot of people need to take a step back a minute for the sake of their own sanity.

There's 19 other teams in the Premier League. Would say a Bournemouth fan look at the BBC website and claim bias when he or she doesn't see a picture of a Bournemouth player accompanying the announcement of the new fixtures? Do the promoted sides have a claim to be included? City do not have divine rights to being the only team that can be pictured. Although we are champions there are fans of other clubs to consider.

As it happens, the two times I have viewed the fixtures on the BBC app today they have been accompanied by a picture of Stones lifting the trophy and then the whole City team. People need to take a step back and have a bit more clarity to their thinking.

Shhh, you will kill the thread -:)

I've just visited the MEN website here https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

At the top of the page there are options for Man Utd and Man City. Just click on the Man City one and you won't have to see anything to do with united.

Yep.

Independent - link with team photo and Komps lifting the cup
Telegraph - link with team photo and Komps lifting the cup
Mirror - link with image 50% City 25% LIverpool 25% Chelsea
Guardian - picture in link now gone but headline "united open at home to chelsea"
Mail - picture in link with big picture United & Chelsea and then equal size City, Arsenal, Spurs & LIverpool. Headline UNited v Chelsea, City then Liverpool
Times - lead with Liverpool and piccy but link to full fixtures a big blue band and picture of Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.