Saturday morning no longer a day of rest

I work shifts 6 o 3 off I get 1 weekend off a month and a bit (why I gave my ST up about a week before the takeover )haha, I love having midweek off, get loads done quickly and everywhere is obviously quieter than weekends

It's 6:48 traditonally people expect most are having a lie in after a week at work, yet just got on a 219 to town and it is full, standing room only.

I presume it's people going to work or dilly for a train.

Sunday the same bus is also hammered
As a chef I have worked many a weekends inmy yputh, so know plenty do, but still
What ever happened to weekends were for resting?
I suppose it all went when the factories and industry shut down.

Also I expect these people don't get time and half for a sat and double for a sunday if it is their regular job, yet I am doing OT and getting exactly that.

Normally do mon-fri so first time I have been on a bus this early on a sat for years

Got up at half five this morning after being knackered all week. I can't sleep in anymore.

Plenty of people have to work 24/7 these days for a quality standard of living.Those that enjoy good wages and aren't in an antisocial work environment are very fortunate,even going to a football match is a luxury for many.

I also believe Sunday trading hours should be done away to allow greater flexibility of millions of shift workers.

I wake 5ish every morning no matter in work or not tbf

I don't usually get out of bed until 6:00am but the wife gets up at 5:30 and starts conversing with the cat, rattling dishes around and dropping the shampoo bottle on her toe in the shower. So I wake up at 5:30 everyday. I get up and talk to the cat and make a racket on Saturday and Sunday when she's trying to sleep.

Plenty of people have to work 24/7 these days for a quality standard of living.Those that enjoy good wages and aren't in an antisocial work environment are very fortunate,even going to a football match is a luxury for many.

I also believe Sunday trading hours should be done away to allow greater flexibility of millions of shift workers.

I worked 15 years in hotels and shift work mainly any 5 of 7, but with extra (sometimes unpaid) time through the high turnover of staff those weeks were normally 70-90hrs+

12 years ago I got the chance to work in public sector catering that gaurenteed any 5 of 7 but mainly always days and mon-fri, I took a 4 grand pay cut and losses on bonuses, but never regretted it as I would rather have the nights and weekend off after earning it imho in those first 15 years.
Plus it doesn't hamper my love of city

I don't usually get out of bed until 6:00am but the wife gets up at 5:30 and starts conversing with the cat, rattling dishes around and dropping the shampoo bottle on her toe in the shower. So I wake up at 5:30 everyday. I get up and talk to the cat and make a racket on Saturday and Sunday when she's trying to sleep.
Passive aggressive relationships are funny!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.