Saturday morning no longer a day of rest

Stopped doing weekends now, i done them for years chasing the double bubble etc, soon squandered it and also became a slave to unnecessary debt!
I tightened my belt and 45hr mon - fri is plenty for me.
Shops shouldn’t be open on a Sunday full stop! At least then folk having to do a Sat have a days rest and family time.
This 5 from 7 rotating nonsense is just that, who wants to be off on say Tues/ Weds and work all weekend?
I understand that certain industries have no choice, but everything seems to be going that way !

Grandkids staying for the weekend, up at 5.50am so far I have watched the lego batman movie now got teenage mutant turtles on, but it's got Megan Fox in it so that helps

I’ve never known Saturday to ever be a day of rest.

People have worked Saturdays ever since the feudal system and beyond.

Even as a kid I used to work Saturday mornings sweeping up the saw dust from my Dad’s workshop and cleaning his vans for a bit of money.

I used to do Saturday morning overtime at the CIS building on Miller Street. It stopped me going out on a Friday night and I’d then leave the building Midday to go to the City match via the pub.

It's 6:48 traditonally people expect most are having a lie in after a week at work, yet just got on a 219 to town and it is full, standing room only.

I presume it's people going to work or dilly for a train.

Sunday the same bus is also hammered
As a chef I have worked many a weekends inmy yputh, so know plenty do, but still
What ever happened to weekends were for resting?
I suppose it all went when the factories and industry shut down.

Also I expect these people don't get time and half for a sat and double for a sunday if it is their regular job, yet I am doing OT and getting exactly that.

Normally do mon-fri so first time I have been on a bus this early on a sat for years
Bus?

Pleb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.