Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of Alves rumours today. I can't see it happening because he'll surely get an offer of a longer contract from somewhere else.

I think its lining up cover for if Danilo leaves and we don't get the primary target. However all that is subject to us getting a decent fee and I don't think that is going to happen. AC Milan are the rummored buyer but they have thrown out cash all over the shop already and are in for Lukaku. Can't see us agreeing a fee.

I think its lining up cover for if Danilo leaves and we don't get the primary target. However all that is subject to us getting a decent fee and I don't think that is going to happen. AC Milan are the rummored buyer but they have thrown out cash all over the shop already and are in for Lukaku. Can't see us agreeing a fee.

I thought it was Inter who were after the Donkey

A lot of Alves rumours today. I can't see it happening because he'll surely get an offer of a longer contract from somewhere else.

Who comes up with the Alves crap, honestly, and how can so many outlets pick it up and run with it! its about as likely as us signing isco.

Who comes up with the Alves crap, honestly, and how can so many outlets pick it up and run with it! its about as likely as us signing isco.

It came from Globo Esporte, who are one of the most reliable sources for anything relating to Brazilian players.

Alves to us makes complete sense and I voiced my opinion on this a couple of weeks ago - https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/joao-cancelo.334787/page-88#post-11896423

He's still quality, will add huge experience/winning mentality to the dressing room, knows Pep's system/requirements in and out, and is free to boot.

He's a risk given his age, but he's proved just this summer he's still capable of playing at the highest level by winning player of the tournament at the Copa. He was immense. We have two talented RB's in the academy (Alpha's current training with the 1st team I believe) and Maffeo could still turn it around (we still have a buy back), so we have options should Alves really decline in a season or so time.

We need someone that is a reliable back up option and can keep Walker on his toes. We don't need to go out and splurge £50m on another RB.

It came from Globo Esporte, who are one of the most reliable sources for anything relating to Brazilian players.

Alves to us makes complete sense and I voiced my opinion on this a couple of weeks ago - https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/joao-cancelo.334787/page-88#post-11896423

He's still quality, will add huge experience/winning mentality to the dressing room, knows Pep's system/requirements in and out, and is free to boot.

He's a risk given his age, but he's proved just this summer he's still capable of playing at the highest level by winning player of the tournament at the Copa. He was immense. We have two talented RB's in the academy (Alpha's current training with the 1st team I believe) and Maffeo could still turn it around (we still have a buy back), so we have options should Alves really decline in a season or so time.

We need someone that is a reliable back up option and can keep Walker on his toes. We don't need to go out and splurge £50m on another RB.

We have danilo. if we were to sell him, would the club really look to Alves as an upgrade? Free or not, a total short term fix, why not just get a long term talent in.

The last time, it made sense. We splashed out on walker and mendy, he was reliable free back-up (2 years younger) and we had a promising maffeo in the academy. Now however, it makes zero sense.

I dont believe it at all. it's putting the usual 2+2 together, pep worked with him before, he is available, therefore.. thats about as much thought as has gone into that. Note they dont claim any contact had been made, or any intetest.

At the end of the day, if he is not good enough for PSG (to keep or extend his contract) he is certainly not good enough for us.

We have danilo. if we were to sell him, would the club really look to Alves as an upgrade? Free or not, a total short term fix, why not just get a long term talent in.

The last time, it made sense. We splashed out on walker and mendy, he was reliable free back-up (2 years younger) and we had a promising maffeo in the academy. Now however, it makes zero sense.

I dont believe it at all. it's putting the usual 2+2 together, pep worked with him before, he is available, therefore.. thats about as much thought as has gone into that. Note they dont claim any contact had been made, or any intetest.

At the end of the day, if he is not good enough for PSG (to keep or extend his contract) he is certainly not good enough for us.

I was referring to signing Alves on the basis that Danilo does leave us. My preference is to keep Danilo, but who knows what's happening at this stage.

We don't need to look for an upgrade. We just need someone that can keep Walker on his toes and actually give him some competition for his place for a couple of seasons whilst he's still in his prime.

Alves chose to leave PSG - he turned down a new deal from them and will inevitably sign for another top club this summer. Because he's still quality.

Danilo played just 1,479 minutes last season, predominantly in games against weaker opposition. Pep loves Walker and he's going to continue being our predominant RB. If Danilo leaves, we need someone who is slightly better and can offer a bit more of a challenge to Walker, because Pep clearly doesn't rate Danilo that highly.

I just don't think we need to have two borderline world class RB's in their prime fighting for one position. One of them will end up playing more than the other and we'll have the same situation again next season where we have a player unhappy with their game time and looking to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.