Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely not every Italian reporter or tweeter can be guessing? I really hope we sign Cancelo though as although Danilo is decent, Cancelo going forward would be our equivalent of the Barca Dani alves!

It's a buyers market with Danilo.
Prospective buyers know the situation with us and Danilo's people will want to match the nett wage he's getting from City.
Unless he addresses a position of need for a cash rich club we'll be left to sweat until near deadline day.

True to be fair. But isn’t the European transfer market open until the end of August? Would still be time to sort a deal out if need be.

True to be fair. But isn’t the European transfer market open until the end of August? Would still be time to sort a deal out if need be.
EPL can't sign players from anywhere after our window shuts, they can still sell of course to those that are still open

EPL can't sign players from anywhere after our window shuts, they can still sell of course to those that are still open

yes the way city function , as Tolmie and others have said - no way will cancelo will be bought before Danilo being sold

Didn't say whose deadline day ;)
We just know, though, that knickers will be wet until Cancelo is signed and then y people wanting him to fook off for less money than he currently earns just because he is no longer in our plans.

United should be all over Danilo. Whether we’d sell to them is another thing though.

A Brazilian international champions league winner at a good age. At any other club he would be valued at about £40 million minimum. Would rather keep him than let him go on the cheap.
That makes no sense if he isn't going to play or makje the CLteam. Unless you mean you'd rather pass on Cancelo because we can't sell Danilo

That makes no sense if he isn't going to play or makje the CLteam. Unless you mean you'd rather pass on Cancelo because we can't sell Danilo

Yes I meant the latter. I rate Danilo, thought he was never less than a 7/10 when given a chance in his actual position and given he never got a run of games to get into top form I think there’s more to come from him. And that’s before we mention his versatility. Walker and Danilo is a very strong combination for right back, if pep thinks he can improve it with cancelo then fine but if we stick with what we have in that position I won’t be complaining and certainly don’t think we should be ready to short change ourselves by getting rid of Danilo on the cheap to make it happen.

Danilo was never really in our plans as such tbf, easily understandable why Cancelo is a target, Guardiola has adapted and changed his style in England a fair bit too, Walker the more defensive option, but against teams that sit back Cancelo will come good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.