Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few clubs outside of England will spend circa £20m on a right back.

+ We dont really want to sell him - he wants to play more which is understandable. So we have our price and then we will see. As I said, I think we are all done.
But Danilo had proved that he isn't a real competitor for Walker and everybody knows that he needs competition like no other in the team.

I think our success more often lies more on breaking down teams rather than in defending against teams. So imo having a better attacking RB than Walker is a big deal.

So for me of our remaining priorities RB is way ahead of a new CB.

If Pep really thinks his the best RB option then I’d buy him now regardless of Danilo’s situation or net cost (within reason).

But Danilo had proved that he isn't a real competitor for Walker and everybody knows that he needs competition like no other in the team.

That doesn't alter what I said. Pep signed him and likes him - the motive for this move is the player wanting to play. We can hold out for a decent price.

I think our success more often lies more on breaking down teams rather than in defending against teams. So imo having a better attacking RB than Walker is a big deal.

So for me of our remaining priorities RB is way ahead of a new CB.

If Pep really thinks his the best RB option then I’d buy him now regardless of Danilo’s situation or net cost (within reason).

You are right re our focus on breaking other teams down but interestingly Walker’s biggest asset to the team is his pace after we lose possession and when we are susceptible to a counter attack. I think that’s why Pep wanted him and why he values him so highly. Walker was a primary reason why we were a different team after Peps first season.

Who says that we are shifting either ??
Last year we shifted on something like £60M worth of players which included quite a few youngsters,with sell on clauses.

Delph being homegrown and a utility player wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't move on, but do you genuinely think Mangala is in Pep's plans for the season?

OK, so typical City - as usual the worst sellers in the football market, plenty of time and no club interested in Danilo - sounds like joke, but that's the truth. Obviously, he will end in Barcelona, im a fan, but i must admit that they are above all FFP rules. Kind of shame, but life goes on.

Every one of your posts is having a go,stick to barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.