Away tickets

There is more to come in the next few years. I was in a meeting recently attended by an FA representative who stated that access to Wembley is going to be by mobile app only by the time the Euro 2020 games are played there, which will require contact details, address etc. and it will be linked to travel ticket purchase to and from the ground. The purpose of it is mainly to allow Police to identify individuals who carry out unlawful or anti social activities on public transport traveling to and from games.
It will contain geolocation features to track where fans are to differentiate between late and no show fans.
He also expected this to be rolled out to all PL grounds in the coming years .Big Brother is watching you!
It’s already here. A rag season ticket holder I know got a letter saying they’d noticed he was getting into the ground late & suggested he might want to get there earlier in future. He told them to fuck off as he needed to stay in the pub as long as possible in order to be pissed up enough to watch the shite they were serving up.

For away tickets United used to insist on checking of a few hundred tickets a game but relaxed that last season to a much smaller number. Either they got lucky with the ones they were checking or they knew what they were looking for but it seems virtually all the tickets they checked were passed on by the original purchaser. If you’ve passed your ticket on you face a 3 season home and away ban, particularly if you’ve sold to a tout or 3rd part website. But you can pass on away tickets to named individuals with the club’s permission.

I hope matron locks up securely tonight

Why?

I didn't scroll that far down as I am 43 so couldn't give a fuck about the 18-25 criteria under the normal criteria, bar it now affects me getting anywhere near eligibilty for aways.

According to our rep, he’d fought a valiant battle against the forces of evil to ensure all groups in the away tickets would lose some to add to the ballot.
So it’s just the largest group again then?
That clip of grandpa Simpson walking in and straight out of a bar springs to mind here

So my view
'points whores' have never been proven but even if a number exist they were mainly passing onto mates so will probably still do this regardless of points'

'people in the 18-20000 points category are now going to miss out on games they've qualified for in the past to allow the 22 year old JCL to go to the derby'

' travel plans are now fucked for a lot of people, basically your going to have to arrange travel accordingly to get there early enough incase you have to collect. What if you've got there early and had 3 or 4 pints in the pub before collecting. Are they going to refuse you a ticket on basis you've been drinking? '

I honestly don't see the benefits of this. A max allocation is around 3000 so 150 benefit, for Bournemouth 60 benefit all to piss off and disrupt thousands of fans who have been going away for years.

The only certainty here is you will still see swathes of tickets on sites like viagogo and plenty of foreigners at the big games because there the future. As far as the club is concerned the sooner all the older fans who've been going since we'll before the takeover die off the better then they can increase their revenue streams even more.

On the plus side with these new rules and the introduction of VAR I can see myself saving a lot of money by not bothering anymore

can't exactly help it if they are 30 years younger then you. yes people who have been there for years deserve tickets, but it shouldnt give you a divine right to them. The 22 year olds your talking about now could end up like you and many others and go for years. i think its a good thing more younger people actually get a chance. you were once the same, except the different is you could get tickets.

id say swell there are already lots of tourists and tickets on viagogo especially for london games. there is no easy solution for this, but i think the away points system needed changing, not sure if this is the right solution yet...

The 21 year old with 18k points is more likely to miss out to those who have a quicker internet connection with no points?

Seriously stupid system lacking any though or consideration about why people go to away games, devised by people who don't go to away games who think it gives them more chance.

The changes hidden away on the site shows City do not give a shit about the fans who put the most effort in. No consultation with fans first, the club is going backwards.

So a supporter who is 3000 points behind another supporter decides to go to every home and away game for the next 3 years, taking time off work, travelling the length and breadth of the country.
The supporter who is 3000 points ahead decides to just go to home games for the next 3 years as its too much hassle and he can't be arsed spending his money or his time following the club away anymore.
In 3 years time this supporter will still have 3000 more loyalty points than the other guy!

Can’t see it being more half a dozen or so but it’s gonna cause chaos and opposing club aren’t gonna welcome it
It stinks and will alienate a lot of people
United do it so I’d say other clubs are used to it by now

Once the 18-25 year olds become 26 they'll still be in the same place on the ladder they would have been anyway so apart from removing some tickets from fans who have done the miles (I know it's not necessarily the younger ones fault they haven't) it's just back to square one.

I think the club is heading towards supporters clubs & corporate only and this is a away of bring this in by stealth.

So a supporter who is 3000 points behind another supporter decides to go to every home and away game for the next 3 years, taking time off work, travelling the length and breadth of the country.
The supporter who is 3000 points ahead decides to just go to home games for the next 3 years as its too much hassle and he can't be arsed spending his money or his time following the club away anymore.
In 3 years time this supporter will still have 3000 more loyalty points than the other guy!

And he will still prob buy his ticket for the away anyway so his mate can go :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.