Away tickets

True - someone posted a list of games a few pages back and where they sold out. Majority 17000+ points and all top games. Those that were general sale, there is context behind those, geographical, price, day/time of the week, on TV etc that means its very difficult to commit when so many factors favour not going. All for 100-200 extra points but loads more £££ to the average man. I know its not the best attitude and the whole york away thing but its the truth.
Less than half is a minority mate

The minority?

How many people can guarantee they'll be able to go to every single away game? About 1,500 maybe? We get 54,000 a week and probably have a fan base at least 10 times that number.

There's not 1,500 people on above 22k, which I would say is the threshold of getting a ticket for every game.

Said this on here before but the only time anyone is arsed about points is when it comes to United or Liverpool away. This theory that there's 1,000's clamouring to go to away games every week but they can't because it's a closed system was shot to shit when Everton away in February went to general sale.

Yeah the minority. 54,000 can't go to away games and most of them dont want to (which is why half the games went to general sale).

Everyone knows roughly where they stand in the queue. If we get 3,000 tickets for a popular game, 2,500 of those will have a pretty good idea whether they'll get a ticket and can book what they need to. The rest know there might be 500 available and they can risk booking if they want to. 500 vs 2500 is a minority last I checked.

If there's 500 tickets left, that doesn't mean that only 500 fans will be deliberating whether they can go or not. There might be 10,000 fans wanting to know whether they'll get one of the last 500 tickets for certain away games, especially the big ones. That means they're at a huge disadvantage to the people who can be pretty certain they'll get a ticket because they have to book later, meaning higher travel prices etc. Also, with the club increasing the corporate allocation every season, the fans who can normally be sure they'll get an away ticket are growing smaller in number. The huge advantage to the ballot system is that everyone gets told pretty much at the same time whether they've got a ticket, meaning no-one gets penalised for finding out later than others.

There's not 1,500 people on above 22k, which I would say is the threshold of getting a ticket for every game.

Said this on here before but the only time anyone is arsed about points is when it comes to United or Liverpool away. This theory that there's 1,000's clamouring to go to away games every week but they can't because it's a closed system was shot to shit when Everton away in February went to general sale.

Everton away was a last minute fixture and what you get with the system now is that people get surprised when they can go to a game like that, meaning they've not booked the day off work etc. I actually think that's another huge flaw in the system.

True - someone posted a list of games a few pages back and where they sold out. Majority 17000+ points and all top games. Those that were general sale, there is context behind those, geographical, price, day/time of the week, on TV etc that means its very difficult to commit when so many factors favour not going. All for 100-200 extra points but loads more £££ to the average man. I know its not the best attitude and the whole york away thing but its the truth.

Sorry mate but I didn't get to almost 24k by purely going to Wigan and Bolton for Saturday 3pm kick offs.

Token status? Sounds like you are playing the game and down £50. How many points you on are do you think its worth keeping your place at the top of the pile. It may not be much like £50x 20,000 STH but its just another revenue stream for city.
Do you not understand that to many people watching City is a way of life and to carry on doing this, people were left with a choice of paying platinum or risk not going to the away matches .
I chose to do it, I didn't want to and would be happy to pay 50 pounds less for my season ticket.
A final thought I was in front of most people on the old system and if platinum had never been introduced I would still have be in front of them because I go.

I think the clu

Thanks for that Mark.

Do you think it will affect how many away games you do this season?

hi Gary
probably not significantly. I still want to watch City away from home however it will make me think about the midweek aways when I need to book holidays from work.

I am now defo not going to the Charity Shield. I have another event that day but intended to prioritise City and go however as its now a friendly in london, against the scousers and no detriment in relation to ticket points i wont bother.

Everton away was a last minute fixture and what you get with the system now is that people get surprised when they can go to a game like that, meaning they've not booked the day off work etc. I actually think that's another huge flaw in the system.

Booked time off work to go to a night match in Liverpool?! Do you walk to away games?! It was announced about 10 days before the game - similar time frame with what would happen from qualifying from the Quarters of the CL to the Semi's.

Do you not understand that to many people watching City is a way of life and to carry on doing this, people were left with a choice of paying platinum or risk not going to the away matches .
I chose to do it, I didn't want to and would be happy to pay 50 pounds less for my season ticket.
A final thought I was in front of most people on the old system and if platinum had never been introduced I would still have be in front of them because I go.
I spoke to a couple of people who are away game regulars and both said the same. They’d prefer not to pay it but have to in order to keep up. Platinum is nothing more than a tax on loyalty.

Imagine the derby tickets going to an open ballot. Lol! A 1 in 40,000(guessing) chance of getting a derby ticket.

What kind of impact will a possible ballot have on supporters branches?

For supporters branches to exist they have to attract enough members. Most people join a supporters branch because they stand a chance of getting an away ticket, travel is arranged, is more convenient, and is cheaper.

It’s fair to say City take more coaches to away games than United from the Manchester area. That is probably down to the fact that United use a ballot system to spread their away tickets out across the country, whilst City allocate most of the away tickets to Manchester based supporter branches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.