Away tickets

If I told myself in 2006 that in 2019 we would have won the league 4 times and been the first team to win the domestic treble yet we had 8 league games to general sale I wouldn't have believed you.

And that @liamctid is the crux of the matter!! If we were still good old City, win a few lose a few, play well this week, play rubbish last week, we would not be having this 'debate'. It is since we have become such a successful club that suddenly we have a very large and growing (by the day, hour, minute,) supporter base. We always had a steady one but since we had money and started to win it has become more difficult to get the tickets and caused disruption/arguments. Although, as I've stated in an earlier post, I feel being old has made me into a pariah on here, one good thing is that I won't be around long enough to witness the Armageddon that could be coming!! :-)

"As a point of principle, we want young fans to be able to go to away games"
"Any supporter with zero loyalty points could have gone to half the away games last year"
"....No we dont really want to go to those ones, just the ones we can be bothered with. The system's broke"

Receiving points for away games is ONE of the driving forces to go to away games. I suspect that awkward KO times, expensive travel will mean 60%/70% of away games will not sell out. Hopefully City will realize the new system isn't working and revert to status quo next season. Remember HALF of away games went unsold last season.

How many years did it take you to get to any game you wanted? About 4/5 years of attending 15 out of 19 prem away games maybe?

06-07 I did probably 12 out of the 19, 07/08 I probably did 13-15 of the aways, 08/09 I did more around 10 out of the aways due to my final year at uni. 09/10 I only missed out on United away on points but got a ticket for it, was away for Everton that season too. 10/11 United away was the only game I missed out on my own points but managed to get one through someone - I went to all 38 league games that season. In 2011/12 I could get a ticket for any game and I'd say by 13/14 I was probably the first day of sale, maybe 2nd for smaller allocations i.e. Plzen/Bournemouth.

And that @liamctid is the crux of the matter!! If we were still good old City, win a few lose a few, play well this week, play rubbish last week, we would not be having this 'debate'. It is since we have become such a successful club that suddenly we have a very large and growing (by the day, hour, minute,) supporter base. We always had a steady one but since we had money and started to win it has become more difficult to get the tickets and caused disruption/arguments. Although, as I've stated in an earlier post, I feel being old has made me into a pariah on here, one good thing is that I won't be around long enough to witness the Armageddon that could be coming!! :-)

But as a member on this site for 14 years I can still remember back then when we were shit that it was only United and Liverpool that people were arsed about. We used to take the smaller allocation at Chelsea ffs, no wonder some still see us as a small club.

Everton away was a last minute fixture and what you get with the system now is that people get surprised when they can go to a game like that, meaning they've not booked the day off work etc. I actually think that's another huge flaw in the system.
10,000 clamouring to go to away games but not sure if they’ll get tickets.
Where were they for the 14 games that did not sell out?

Last edited:
But whether it's taking time off work (or not), a lot of people need to make preparations and if they're not expecting it to go down to their points level or on general sale, they don't make preparations and they don't go. When was the last time Everton went to general sale? I think it's fair to say it probably surprised a lot of people, especially with it being a last minute fixture.
Surely the issue you are raising here are time scales.
Perhaps City should consider putting tickets on sale 6 to 8 weeks before the game rather than 4 weeks before so cheap travel is available for everyone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.