Mikel Oyarzabal

I know you will have watched the Yokohama game, the lesson from that game was that speed dictates who is first to 50/50 balls who controls the space and eventually who controls possession and control of the game, we won that game because we were better in front of the net, this will not have been lost on Pep who loves his midfield and has used these tactics himself for years, if we lose Sane we lose one of the few pace merchants with ability

Name 3 teams we will face this season that will play with as high a defensive line as Yokohama did.

For comparison, Sané has 52 goals in 190 games in his career.

Oyarzabal is 1 year younger and has 41 goals in 164 games.

So they are not too dissimilar in terms of goal threat. And when you factor in that Leroy has spent 3 years in this City team as part of those figures, Oyarzabal might even be more of a goal threat than Leroy if he were to play in this team?

I get that we all wish he had more pace, but there has got to be a player in there.

"You need pace to be a winger"

*Examples are given disproving that

"Yeah but no, you need pace to play as a winger now because reasons"
Because of managers like Pep that pacy defenders not to tackle but to force players into non threatening positions, to play counter attacking that we do at every corner we concede

Looks like a young Gerd Muller in the making. Not fast or technical but brilliant at dragging defenders around and finding space in dangerous areas. Good finish on him too. Would be great against the mass defences City face 95% of the time.

Fuck it, if Sane wants to play for the German rags then I hope its sorted soon and we get this guy in no fuss asap.

Still hope he stays but I'm sick of this saga. Next summer I say we all turn out and say Kimmich should join us, see how the pompous wankers like it then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.