Community shield Post match thread

The only position worrying me slightly is LB. I know it was Salah but Zinch struggled. He’s great in games we dominate the ball which we normally do.

You are spot on. Zinchenko is not a top class defender particularly against top quality forwards. The LB position is a big problem for us particularly if Mendy remains injured.

He’s just said United will be “there or thereabouts” at the end of the season, which is an even worse take.
So did Guardiola. He thinks they are stronger for signing Maguire and Wan-Bissaka. Seems like a shrewd assessment from the best football brain in Europe.

So did Guardiola. He thinks they are stronger for signing Maguire and Wan-Bissaka. Seems like a shrewd assessment from the best football brain in Europe.
Guardiola used the phrase “there or thereabouts”? Surely not!

You are spot on. Zinchenko is not a top class defender particularly against top quality forwards. The LB position is a big problem for us particularly if Mendy remains injured.

Any news on when Mendy is back? I agree it’s risky if we go into the season with zinchenko and Angelino

Any news on when Mendy is back? I agree it’s risky if we go into the season with zinchenko and Angelino

He's trained with the first team for 3 days this week. If all goes well, he'll be back for the Spurs game, before ending his season against Norwich in mid September.

Don't worry about Zinchenko. He won every premier league game he's played in. He was rusty today against the hardest opponent he will come up against this season. He'll come good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.