Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't budge on our valuation, as I can't see Bayern stretching to £135m. I'd be happy to see him stay here for another season, even if meant having to accept a much lower fee next summer. At least it would give us time to get a replacement lined up, and we'd get another year's service out of him. There would also be an outside chance that he could still end up renewing with us. Losing both Kompany and Sane would significantly weaken us imo, even with the additions of Rodri and Cancelo. Liverpool will be on our tails again, and it seems mad to give them any encouragement.
Think he will stay and they’ll wait until January. Currently the price is €146M but brexit is making the players cheaper. Without wishing to spark a debate from the politics forum, 3 years ago he’d have been €200M. If the pound should fall to parity or less post October, he will be that much cheaper again.

We know he has an offer from Bayern. If he wanted to take it, he would have made his feelings known well before now.

Think he will stay and they’ll wait until January. Currently the price is €146M but brexit is making the players cheaper. Without wishing to spark a debate from the politics forum, 3 years ago he’d have been €200M. If the pound should fall to parity or less post October, he will be that much cheaper again.

Doesn't that assume we convert Euros received into Sterling ? That would be a bad business decision given that we would then have to pay to convert them back to Euros to buy the likes of Rhodri.

Surely if we receive Euros we just leave them in a Euro account.

This.

Factor in the amortisation of another year and any lower fee next summer if he still wants to go will be mitigated anyway.

If Bayern want to pay up now then so be it but i dont think they either want to or can actually afford it.

The trend for players of his ability, even more so with his age, is that even in the last year of his contract, it won’t actually be a great deal less... the market dictates the the value when it comes down to it.....

Is it? There is a gap, yes, not debating that. But is it really gigantic? not for me i don't think. Slightly different players to be fair as zinch isnt a true winger as well.

Yes it’s huge.

Sané is one of the best attacking wide players in world football.

Zinchenko wouldn’t start at any top club on the wide left and would likely struggle there playing for a mid tier club as well.

Doesn't that assume we convert Euros received into Sterling ? That would be a bad business decision given that we would then have to pay to convert them back to Euros to buy the likes of Rhodri.

Surely if we receive Euros we just leave them in a Euro account.

We pay some of our players (KdB) in euros anyway.

Yeah I get the argument we don’t need one, but Leroy is a special talent - I think without him we’re weaker
We are very much weaker all things being equal but maybe they are not. Not sure how much good he will do us if he is kept against his will. A happy Sane signing a new deal is a no brainer. Some people are greatly downplaying the guys ability, I have highlighted certain possible deficiencies in earlier posts ,but it is madness to suggest as one poster has that all the lad has is pace! There is a touch of arrogance in the belief that we can go into the season without replacing him should he leave and this also has extended to the replacement of Vinny with many of the belief that Fern can fill in if necessary. This of course also omits the massive leadership gulf which his departure leaves behind. The hard fact of the matter is without Leroy's goal against the dippers back at the turn of the year and VK's heroics in the closing weeks of the season there would be no PL trophy in the cabinet. This should be a sobering thought for anybody thinking that it will be easier to win the league this season without, and without replacing the two boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.