Var debate 2019/20

I was watching that? I am not sure I believe him.
I can't see why he would lie about it, he said it was very new technology.

They could showcase it all on Football Focus, BBC, Sky etc to show us all exactly how they do it.
Yes they should it might help people accept it more easily, they've done it for players and managers by inviting them in to look at it.

That’s absolutely not true. The proof is the time it takes for a decision to be made. Goal line technology is instant because it is computer generated, offsides take time because there’s human interaction.

This is the problem, there is definitive ways to computer generate offsides but it’s not in use for some “unknown” reason. We all know why.

actually it's very easy using machine learning imagery classification techniques see Tensorflow or Pytorch for more info

From PIGMOL,clear and obvious error is not a mm offside

VAR will monitor the matches but will be used only for "clear and obvious errors" or "serious missed incidents" in four match-changing situations:

•Goals

•Penalty decisions

•Direct red card incidents

•Mistaken identity

The final decisions wil be made by the onfield referee

Assistant referees will not flag for tight offside decisions

Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test.

From PIGMOL,clear and obvious error is not a mm offside

VAR will monitor the matches but will be used only for "clear and obvious errors" or "serious missed incidents" in four match-changing situations:

•Goals

•Penalty decisions

•Direct red card incidents

•Mistaken identity

The final decisions wil be made by the onfield referee

Assistant referees will not flag for tight offside decisions

Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test.
They lied

That's what Walton said today, its technology that decides, and its very accurate.

The managers and captains were all shown it in action last week, and were very happy with it, today's took no real time at all, the lines we see are for clarity only, perhaps that is why we didn't have it last year, they were designing the technology to work it.
The replays of the 2 off sides had 2 different angles shown ` at least on the tv station i watched` personally i thought VAR got both wrong, but it will never be accurate even if it was honest trying to get millimeters right when you do not know when the ball was released is just the start of tv companies ruining match day goers entertainment.
Of the VAR sytems i have watched over the last few years the one where the Ref runs the game until there is a clear mistake , then VAR informs him and a replay is shown to the fans and players, no delays and no minuscule off sides is the best one,
As for the penalty why did VAR not spot the goalkeeper coming off his line?

If they want to judge an offside position in millimetres then they need an appropriate camera speed to establish exact points of:
A - the ball contact, being touched in the motion of making the pass (the generally accepted point the pass is made, not when it leaves the foot)
B - the position of the players relative to one another.

24 frames per second generates too big an error to measure mm as definitive no matter what tech is in place. Therefore there should be an appropriate error of measurement included. I expect the goal today would be inside that tolerance.
It was a beautiful bit of one touch football where we cut them apart. A great goal denied by complete bollocks.

The replays of the 2 off sides had 2 different angles shown ` at least on the tv station i watched` personally i thought VAR got both wrong, but it will never be accurate even if it was honest trying to get millimeters right when you do not know when the ball was released is just the start of tv companies ruining match day goers entertainment.
I thought the same as you for both, but as I have just said Walton was explaining that the technology was very accurate, so it can't be just the replays we are seeing, they must be using something else, the replays are just for TV (and stadium use*). It was news to me that they were using technology.

*apart from clubs who can't afford screens obviously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.