Var debate 2019/20

You can only be off side if a part of your body is off side that you can score a goal with. So the PL have said that Raheems shoulder was off side. I suggest the PL read the hand ball law in that case as this states hand ball is the whole of the arm including the shoulder. Thus you cannot score with your shoulder.

Hypothetically...what if that Agueroooo moment was ruled out for offside by the lino ?

Spontaneous celebration squashed and knowing a perfectly good goal was chalked off by the lino , something all fans have had to put up with for years and years.

Teams have been relegated because of officials getting it completely wrong and having to guess on situations. If anything VAR is highlighting how many incorrect decisions we’ve always allowed.
You don't bounce around the stadium when a linesman gives an offside. You do when you score a last-minute winner only for it to be ruled out 3 minutes later. Eventually that emotional attachment to the team, which is shared with a stadium full of other fans, will disappear (and so will the fans). I wouldn't swap an honest and incorrect decision from a linesman/woman for an experience in which I'm basically detached from the experience like a television viewer watching a game show.

You can only be off side if a part of your body is off side that you can score a goal with. So the PL have said that Raheems shoulder was off side. I suggest the PL read the hand ball law in that case as this states hand ball is the whole of the arm including the shoulder. Thus you cannot score with your shoulder.
Top of the shoulder is ok though isn’t it?

Hypothetically...what if that Agueroooo moment was ruled out for offside by the lino ?

Spontaneous celebration squashed and knowing a perfectly good goal was chalked off by the lino , something all fans have had to put up with for years and years.

Teams have been relegated because of officials getting it completely wrong and having to guess on situations. If anything VAR is highlighting how many incorrect decisions we’ve always allowed.

You are assuming, accepting, that the decisions made by VAR are correct beyond doubt yet, it’s already be brought into disrepute on this forum and by Andy Gray. It is now open to abuse by a bloke in a van who may have an agenda. City have already suffered from incorrect decisions and were knocked out of the ECL last seasons because of VAR and the way it was used

Andy Gray on Bein sports spoke of it being confirmed during the show it is point of contact not when the ball leaves the foot, contentious because that’s not the definition of offside in any case. For a change he was spot on about var yesterday.

I think all we can hope for is they instil a little more leeway to accommodate the error and which still is used to decide when ball hits the foot, or we don’t have many level onside/offside goals like yesterday

Ok if that’s true then I’m fine with that however I’m not sure I’ve seen a freeze frame showing both the first contact on the pass and also the exact frame where Raheem’s bicep is shown to be offside..?

Up to now we have had 5 instances of VAR two in the Spurs game Hand ball not given Offside by 22mm, now proven to be doubtful due to frames per second film. Two yesterday we benefitted from and one we didn’t The two goal decisions have again proven to be contentious I firmly believe he gave the second because he didn’t give the first. The way we play, with the quick passes on the edge of the box, will mean we suffer more than any other especially when the decision as to which frame to use is in the hands of some guy miles away from the stadium who may have an agenda
The fact that its impossible to freeze the exact frame when ball leaves foot to determine offside means making a judgement on an inch or two is ridiculous. Also the lengthy delay for var can change the momentum of the game, as we saw yesterday. How convenient to throw in var check when one team is dominating.

The fact that its impossible to freeze the exact frame when ball leaves foot to determine offside means making a judgement on an inch or two is ridiculous. Also the lengthy delay for var can change the momentum of the game, as we saw yesterday. How convenient to throw in var check when OUR team is dominating.
Edited for correctness.

Ok if that’s true then I’m fine with that however I’m not sure I’ve seen a freeze frame showing both the first contact on the pass and also the exact frame where Raheem’s bicep is shown to be offside..?
I’m sure Bein we’re showing it in the same image, not off if first contact

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.