Var debate 2019/20

Actually think VAR will help us a lot this season. Think of all the penalty incidents over the past few years that have gone against us. The other side to it is we can't really argue with anything.

Sterling WAS offside for Jesus second, he WAS onside for his second and the penalty SHOULD have been retaken. They are 3 correct decisions which I'm not convinced we would have had last season.

For those of us of a certain age,(and younger fans as well to a degree) the game as we know it, is finished ,whilst VAR is coming into play,which looks like forever now.

The excitement of going mental when we score is gonna be gone,and it hurts even more when you are in the ground watching it,for it to be disallowed.

I'm thankful I have been able to witness us winning almost everything that can be won in the game now,the exception being the corrupt European Competition,but if this carries on every week with this VAR shit,I'm done with it at end of this season.

Goal line technology is a good idea,but all this other shit,nah,not interested,and I never expected to be saying this after just one game played.

The clowns running this var are the same clowns who officiate the games,and have made mistakes for umpteen years and seasons,so nothing will change,no matter how many dodgy lines they show on screen to prove they are right.

Utter bullshit the lot of it,and the need to worry is now upon us.

Couldn't agree more with this. I celebrated our 'third' goal only to see VAR rule it out. When the real third goal went in and in my mind looked offside, I didn't celebrate. So by the time it was given, a 'yey we've scored' was all I could muster. Football is about emotions and if we can't celebrate a goal, what's the point of getting excited by football. I felt so deflated after the CL Semi disallowed goal that i had to switch off from football for a few days. To celebrate and see it cancelled out is a worse feeling than conceding.
VAR should only be used to cancel out blatant obvious mistakes, like the Chelsea player 5 yards offside at Cardiff last year or Sterling's miss-kick getting a penalty in the CL. Not for hairline offsides that may or maybe not be offside.
The purists may say, football needs to adhere to the rules, but if in enforcing those rules we have the ridiculous spectacle of Saturday's game ,then it's blatantly wrong.
VAR could well be the death of football for passionate fans like me.

something crossed my mind with both the sterling VAR's replays and its the speed of movement and the ruling with the video replay and them blue and red lines final

the technology can not be 100% right and needs a margin of doubt and just like a uk police speed cam they have a margin of doubt in the ruling
UK speed camera tolerances
Most police forces have a tolerance of 10% plus 2mph above the limit before aspeed camera 'flashes'. So on a 30mph road, a camera wouldn't normally activate unless a car drove past at 35mph or above. On a 70mph stretch of motorway, this threshold would go up to 79mph.15 May 2019

this is because of the technology can not be 100% right, and a court of law and a good lawyer will get it over turned on the technology not being 100%
so am saying let there be a (margin of doubt) and if the lines are over lapping each other then its still a goal ?? every body would be fine with it and that TAG of doubt would be fair and until knowing 100% then we all would be happy
0.033 to 0.04 of a second is the margin of error, due to the technology of the TV camera frame rate whether it’s 25-30 frames per second. As I said yesterday as long as we predetermine the freeze frame selection then that’s the maximum margin of error.

All this bollocks about 5-10cm or 5/10% or what body parts should and shouldn’t be used is all absolute bullshit.

You can’t get this 100% with current technology so 0.033 to 0.04 of a second is the closest you’ll get, explain it and be transparent from the outset that there’s a margin of error rather than telling everybody it’s infallible then everyone would accept it for what it is.

Just celebrate the fucking goals anyway and if it comes back to bite us, then so be it. If it gets upheld in our favour then you get to celebrate the same goal twice.

Personally, I'm in favour of VAR but only if it's implemented correctly and there are no grey areas. I fully get the arguments about disrupting play though, etc, and the confusion it causes for fans, but as someone who feels we weren't always getting a fair shake from refs - whether that be deliberate or otherwise - I think over time it will help us rather than hinder us. That Llorente handball still winds me up to fuck though!

Pretty much my take on it and I will continue celebrating every goal as normal.
I'd hate to think how many goals I've celebrated only not to have looked or seen the linesman's flag ruling it out. The up and then down feeling is normal. This is just the same but obviously the delay is longer. I don't doubt that side of it will get better and better and they process it far quicker.

The other side of this is I will still feel as bad every time the opposition score and in that moment I won't expect VAR to overrule. It will be great when they do and particularly against those ***** from down the East Lancs. Fantastic scenes.

Don't know where to put this but Billy Sharp scored a late equaliser at Bournemouth and ran straight into the crowd like raheem last season oddly enough at the same ground.
Outcome?
No booking for sharp and it was a carbon copy of raz running into the crowd and that included probably all the sheff Utd team.
Just thought I'd point it out.

0.033 to 0.04 of a second is the margin of error, due to the technology of the TV camera frame rate whether it’s 25-30 frames per second. As I said yesterday as long as we predetermine the freeze frame selection then that’s the maximum margin of error.

All this bollocks about 5-10cm or 5/10% or what body parts should and shouldn’t be used is all absolute bullshit.

You can’t get this 100% with current technology so 0.033 to 0.04 of a second is the closest you’ll get, explain it and be transparent from the outset that there’s a margin of error rather than telling everybody it’s infallible then everyone would accept it for what it is.
Sky's Formula One coverage this season is being broadcast at 50fps. I don't know what the football is broadcast at, but it's almost certain that all of the equipment they use to record it is capable of 50 and 60fps (probably 120 to be fair), so it's technically possible to make it more accurate.

Just showed an incident on Vardy which Dermott Gallagher said would have been reviewed quietly but it's not a pen.

Far more of one than Salah gets.

And Maguire on Abraham isn't a foul & is 'too far back' , to be reviewed.

I fucking GUARANTEE this will not be a consistent viewpoint for all 3 questions as the season goes on.

Pretty certain the foul by Maguire and ball in net was less than 30 seconds. So do we know what the time frame is for review?

Sky's Formula One coverage this season is being broadcast at 50fps. I don't know what the football is broadcast at, but it's almost certain that all of the equipment they use to record it is capable of 50 and 60fps (probably 120 to be fair), so it's technically possible to make it more accurate.
That’s great if true, we can lower the margin or error to 0.0083 of a second with those advances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.