Var debate 2019/20

Correct decision but the issue lies with the use of it. How can VAR not give a penalty when Lamela puts Rodri in a headlock? Clear and obvious error with set rules about it. This game was our fault. Absolutely dominant with piss poor finishing. Only draw so no need to lose our heads. We drew against Wolves and still managed to win the league!

If you're talking about the disallowed goal, no, it isn't.
The new law only relates to scoring or a goal being created off an arm. Whether the intention was to include such things as this one or not, it's a black and white law which VAR should be able to administer.
If it had hit the defenders arm do the rules say it's a pen? If not then it's loaded against the attacking team.

What about the Murray handball last week? Stood in the wall, arm extended, ball pinged off it, no penalty. Today arm brushed intentionally off laporte, sirens wailing, the world holds its breath, no goal.
An absolute fuckin joke.
I'm done with VAR, passion killer, it's like pulling Katy Perry in the dark and realising when the lights go up it's waynetta slob(sorry Kathy Burke x)
Not for me.
I hope it evens itself up over the season.

Ok I’ve got it wrong I was led to believe any handball now ..

No problem. There's a lot of misinformation around!

The changes are (copied directly from the FIFA doc)
Deliberate handball remains an offence
• The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
• the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
• a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

The following will not usually be a free kick, unless they are one of the above situations:
• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near
• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger
•if a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)
•If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball

You limit the challenges, ala Cricket or Tennis, and have a short timeframe in which they can raise it. You also restrict the challenging authority to the captain or coach only.

Again, I don't think that's great. But it removes a lot of the perceived bias and ambiguity of it

Exactly how I envisaged the play almost 10 years ago.

New laws on offside and handball will come back to bite all clubs on the arse.
There is going to be a decision like this every week from now on.

I wonder if the VAR guys will be so meticulous in reviewing Liverpool and rags goals like they are with us, guess we'll see.

Var was spot on, its our own fault we only converted 2 of 30 chances and left ourselves in that position. Needs to be a lesson learned from that squad, anyone complaining is deeply misguided as their ire should be at the team underperforming and failing to smash Spurs like they should have done.

VAR did nothing wrong and yeah youbmay have to check your celebrations but so what, the cheating of other teams over the years makes it a worthwhile addition and we were clearly so much better than Spurs we will only end up beating ourselves as we did today.
The problem is you assume everyone is upset about only the handball review and that the cheating with certain other league cash cows will be mitigated or eliminated with VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.