Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

early door blues that all it was today

the fitness of our key players in the 2nd half dipped KDB was down to walking pace after 65 min and to many in the team the legs was shot, and if it was not a top 4 team then city would have coasted later on, but with it being spurs you need the full guns going for 90 min because they have quality to hurt anybody and they just sat back and soaked up the pressure

city was sloppy and i think we could have played david silva and not gundogan with them sitting back also jesus could have started and aguero on the bench ?? but am splitting hairs here and like i said nobody can question the team and manager it was just not our day and early doors, but somebody is going to get a right thumping and this city team is better than last season and when we got our legs and lungs running on full steam LOOK OUT

Now that I've calmed down, if any team shouldn't have to worry about VAR as much as other teams it's City. Other teams have many more tight games over the course of a season, it should affect the rest of the top 6 more than it does City logically thinking. That game shouldn't have been close to begin with which is why the VAR mistakes sting so much.

Lets wait and see, if Liverpool try an scrape 1-0s like there were doing last season. When they went through their sticky patch and goals start getting ruled out on the tightest of calls. That no one else saw and are still unsure on the replays. Then some of my faith will be restored.

It's going to be a painful adjustment for many fans not just City ones.

Should have disallowed it but given a pen since they must have seen the pull on Laporte's arm before it.

But then they aren't going to pass up an opportunity to make sure City don't get off to a perfect start. It's feels like this has confirmed all my concerns that they'll save all their "mistakes" for City and keep calling it a coincidence.
That is something that has occurred to me post match. If I pull your arm and then the ball hits your arm, is it your fault or mine? I am so in favour of VAR but haven’t enjoyed it so far this season. I was at West Ham last week and most City fans had no idea what was happening, then watched on SKY this week and am still none the wiser.

VAR, handball and offside are an absolute shitshow right now.

Let's put things in perspective though. We got sc
Now that I've calmed down, if any team shouldn't have to worry about VAR as much as other teams it's City. Other teams have many more tight games over the course of a season, it should affect the rest of the top 6 more than it does City logically thinking. That game shouldn't have been close to begin with which is why the VAR mistakes sting.

Lets wait and see, if Liverpool try an scrape 1-0s like there were doing last season when they went through their sticky patch and goals start getting ruled out then my faith will be restored. It's going to be a painful adjustment for many fans not just City ones.

Lets see how many Liverpool and United goals get run over with such a fine tooth comb. It's going to be very selective.

Been home an hour now and have settled down enough to follow Pep's lead and accept the decision. PROVIDED the same fanatical, forensic, attention to detail of the rules is applied to every team. And by "every team", I am specifically referring to Liverpool.

On a brighter note I thought City were fantastic today. Dominated spurs from start to end and totally deserved a victory. I feel very optimistic for the season, City are brilliant.

Well we should of won by 5 blues, how the funk spurs walk away with a point is incredible.

Some poor finishing and poor defending on 2 occasions cost us. End of.

The only concerns I have is we are desperate for a commanding centre back.

VAR is shit we already knew that and it will ruin the game if they don’t apply common sense soon. If not many fans will stop going to games.

Look at the positives blues we totally dominated one of our rivals by a mile and some of the football was amazing at times
The handball was the right decision as angin as it was. But that foul in the area, if they are looking so closely for a handball then how is that not a foul?

Three times over! We let an ordinary, fortunate Spurs side score two shitty goals and we squander a dozen and a half.

Var is fine. Its application is shit. How we can rule out a goal after applying forensic scrutiny of which a pathologist would be proud and then do nothing for the incident where a City player is wrestled to the ground in the first half just discredits the whole sorry mess that is VAR. Add to the misapplication of the system a referee who wouldn't know an infringement from his arsehole then we really have to put away the chances we had.

early door blues that all it was today

the fitness of our key players in the 2nd half dipped KDB was down to walking pace after 65 min and to many in the team the legs was shot, and if it was not a top 4 team then city would have coasted later on, but with it being spurs you need the full guns going for 90 min because they have quality to hurt anybody and they just sat back and soaked up the pressure

city was sloppy and i think we could have played david silva and not gundogan with them sitting back also jesus could have started and aguero on the bench ?? but am splitting hairs here and like i said nobody can question the team and manager it was just not our day and early doors, but somebody is going to get a right thumping and this city team is better than last season and when we got our legs and lungs running on full steam LOOK OUT
Absolutely mate
We will win close to 55 /56 games this season mate . I'm serious

No

1. It checks all goals (regardless of situation)
2. Offsides -
3. Clear and obvious mistakes - and this is where fans are going to clash with other fans and VAR as we all have a different view on what is a foul or not - in this case the ref (Nor the VAR officials) belive it was a foul - 56000 fans thought it was (including me) but its not about what we think...
So in essence when you said no you meant yes by your point 3. That was a clear and obvious mistake - not just City fans saying it - many (if not all) pundits seem to agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.