Var debate 2019/20

Nothing more certain. We waltzed to the title two seasons ago. Last season, even after falling to Leicester, Palace and NUFC, and the Dippers only losing one game, we still took the title. Teams cannot produce a level of excellence that will outshine what we deliver, so they will have to find another strategy. Lo and behold, along comes VAR. Let's see how many times a penalty is reviewed this season and is awarded by VAR, not just for the Dippers or the Rags, even though they will get the lion's share, but across the PL. I ain't watching MotD until Murphy is removed, so someone else will have to do the counting. I await, not with bated breath, but I expect the first one will be along within the next few weeks, for the comment down a ref's earpiece "Michael, I think you have made a clear and obvious error there in not awarding a penalty. Do you want me to review it?'
Agree pal. Spurs played like a bottom half of table team stringing 9 across the box at times because we were on another level especially first half. Sad twat fans leaving cheering VAR rather than their players joke.

No I didnt misread at all. You clearly said we are the team being screwed by it but you are willing to give it time !!
Misinterpreted perhaps then. I don't think we're being cheated if that's what you're getting at. The rules are the rules, and if they implement them equally then that's fine by me - but I need more than 2 games to see that.

Dont buy the agenda?
Jason Burt this morning saying Tottenham need to beat man city to save the season.
Radio stations blatantly ignoring us, tv stations trying to make a non story a story, newspapers making shit up and generally dragging us through the mud.
Ex players of rival teams front tv shows and radio phone ins.
The list is endless.
Bottom line is the footballing body hate us, our money and our success and will try every trick in the book to derail us.
I prefer to have a bit of faith in the game. It won't be fun for me if I pick into all the details and think everyone wants City to fail.

We won 4 trophies last season. Clearly this agenda isn't working.
T

The general consensus from the media and pundits is Sterlings offside was too close to call and the goal should have been given at West Ham , today Rodri was fouled for a penalty and was not inexpicably reviwed by VAR , and Laporte's handball was also very harsh
The two decisions in our favour where more clear cut , Sterling was definitely onside for his 2nd goal at West Ham , and Rice clearly gained an advantage by nearly 2 metres to clear the penalty rebound
In two games we have been screwed three times , which other Premier league team has suffered so many decisions in the first couple of games , and certainly not the Rags or Dippers
With due respect i think you are incorrect if you think there isnt an agenda after just witnessing at the first two games , and this will continue all season , VAR will decide the Premier league title , not football excellence.
Sterling's offside; too close? Well, clearly not if they've got the technology which can decipher those tiny distances - if they call Salah offside for the same against us later in the season will we all moan? It has the potential to be consistent; so long as they are, then I'm fine with that one.

Laporte's handball harsh? Yep, but again if Van Dijk has one scratched against us for the same..? They can be consistent here, again if they do so, then I'm OK with giving it a try.

Rodri foul - I agree, should have been overruled, and can't see them being consistent.

Guess we'll agree to disagree regarding the agenda, like you say 2 games; that's nothing to form an opinion on. I'm willing to give it a season. I'm not saying I'll like it come the end - but I don't think 2 games is enough sample size for everyone to say it's a fix.

Thing is ALL football fans should get together & get this abomination stopped but because of the tribal hatred that we have for each other & the fact that it’ll mostly be City getting fucked over it’ll never happen & the game will slowly revert back to a Liverpool/Utd dominated wankfest

Misinterpreted perhaps then. I don't think we're being cheated if that's what you're getting at. The rules are the rules, and if they implement them equally then that's fine by me - but I need more than 2 games to see that.

You actually said "so far we are the team being screwed by it". And I agree with you.

with rule in charge, it is. Rule is shit, but it's there. If we wanted llorente's goal dismissed, than this one should be too.

The problem is that even City fans and players are giving more attention in public to that decision, than to earlier penalty ones. Allowing them to suck us into not more than 50-50 discussion, while stonewall clear ones are not mentioned at all now.

I agree rules are rules, but you have to apply some common sense. Not one person appealed against Jesus' goal, the commentators said nothing, the referee didn't blow until after. Without VAR, I highly doubt "Controversial goal wins it for city in last minute" would be the headlines the following morning, or endless debates about whether the goal should have stood. It wouldn't even be an after thought. Its an absolute farce, and City fans and players have every right to point it out.

I prefer to have a bit of faith in the game. It won't be fun for me if I pick into all the details and think everyone wants City to fail.

We won 4 trophies last season. Clearly this agenda isn't working.

Sterling's offside; too close? Well, clearly not if they've got the technology which can decipher those tiny distances - if they call Salah offside for the same against us later in the season will we all moan? It has the potential to be consistent; so long as they are, then I'm fine with that one.

Laporte's handball harsh? Yep, but again if Van Dijk has one scratched against us for the same..? They can be consistent here, again if they do so, then I'm OK with giving it a try.

Rodri foul - I agree, should have been overruled, and can't see them being consistent.

Guess we'll agree to disagree regarding the agenda, like you say 2 games; that's nothing to form an opinion on. I'm willing to give it a season. I'm not saying I'll like it come the end - but I don't think 2 games is enough sample size for everyone to say it's a fix.

Three of the most controversial decisions so far have gone against City. Just watch and see, we'll top the charts for most chalked off goals, and penalties conceeded come the end of the season.

Thing is ALL football fans should get together & get this abomination stopped but because of the tribal hatred that we have for each other & the fact that it’ll mostly be City getting fucked over it’ll never happen & the game will slowly revert back to a Liverpool/Utd dominated wankfest
Worse mate real football will die. It’ll be replaced by a load of geeks playing e-Sport. May as well watch fifa if you sterilise the greatest game on earth who’s beauty was linked to its simplicity

The application of this new handball rule is just utter bollocks. Maybe it should only be enforced if seen by the ref apart from if the ball hits an arm on the way to the net or if it’s arm to ball, in which case use VAR.
For offsides the lines should be drawn thicker to allow for errors due to frame rate and only if the two lines don’t overlap should offside be given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.