Var debate 2019/20

There will be no winners with VAR mate regardless of whether we get the decision in our favour or not. Its a destruction of the unbridled joy of seeing a goal and getting lost in the moment. I would rather have incorrect decisions made by a human being on the field of play rather than have VAR destroy the emotion of every goal going forward.
All. Day. Long.

From where I was sitting, I thought Rose fouled Bernardo, but I can see why the ref gave it the other way.

It looked like Rose hit Bernardo with his arm first, but Bernardo crashed into Rose almost at the same time. I don't know what angle the ref had of it.

I was still laughing at Bernardo's piss taking ball control skills to be honest.
It was the Lino that gave it not Oliver

From where I was sitting, I thought Rose fouled Bernardo, but I can see why the ref gave it the other way.

It looked like Rose hit Bernardo with his arm first, but Bernardo crashed into Rose almost at the same time. I don't know what angle the ref had of it.

I was still laughing at Bernardo's piss taking ball control skills to be honest.
I`d love to see a giff of that.I sit in CBL3 and it happened right in front of where we sit.Wonderful skill and a pleasure to have such a wonderful player.

The technology isn't good enough to judge close offside's, fact.

25 fps, isn't good enough for gaming never mind judging top level football.

Any player running at just half the speed of a top sprinter, will cover 5M per second. 5M divided by 25 fps = 20 cm or 8" per frame.

There is so much room for error, incompetence/corruption that it's staggering.
And you have the fact that Raheem is exceptionally quick - so quick he can appear offside when he's onside.

I can’t see it making a difference for us.

All goals are checked which means Liverpool and United will have their fair share of disallowed goals. The technology means that the refs will literally have no choice but to disallow it.

The issue will arise over checking for potential penalties but even this will put the refs under greater scrutiny. Especially if they check for one team but not the other.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will benefit us sooner rather than later.
How can something that kills, stone dead, the joy of a goal be anything but a disaster? Check, re-check, re-check the check. Do me a fucking favour. It's shit and anyone, like me, who's been to the two games this season, knows it. But hey, it makes great telly.

Goal-line tech is brilliant - it's absolute and the decision is instant. Until offside is absolute and the decision is instant, we shouldn't have it. VAR offside is still a grainy matter of opinion. At the very least, the VAR ref should have to do what the cricket and rugby equivalents have to do and give a running commentary on what they're seeing - broadcast in the stadium and on tv if the game is televised.

I also get the impression that some refs haven't bought into the current version of VAR. Some are publicly saying on MOTD highlights and live that 'It's not me'.

I'm all for VAR, but only if it's instant and absolute. Get rid of it and only bring it back when it's as reliable and instant as goal-line technology. We can't have 50-odd thousand people celebrating for nearly two minutes with the ball on the centre spot. I don't think a single Spurs player protested against the 'goal'.

We are all responsible for our own actions and decisions. Commit a crime and we'll be dealt with - quite rightly. But I fear that somewhere in the country, the current deeply flawed VAR will result in some idiot(s) losing total control and doing something we haven't seen since the dark days of routine mass hooliganism. They'll be dealt with and rightly so. If VAR is soon suspended because of its unreliability and unacceptable delays, then the damage has already been done to us.

The technology isn't good enough to judge close offside's, fact.

25 fps, isn't good enough for gaming never mind judging top level football.

Any player running at just half the speed of a top sprinter, will cover 5M per second. 5M divided by 25 fps = 20 cm or 8" per frame.

There is so much room for error, incompetence/corruption that it's staggering.
It's 50 frames a second. UHDTV.
Watching a HDTV version at 25 frames a second,
I still can't see a definitive touch of the ball by Laporte's hand. I can definately see the defender holding his arm (surely a pen?) And I can see it touch Laporte's head but there is no evidence it touched Laporte's hand - indeed it could equally be said to have touched the defendersxarm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.