Var debate 2019/20

Maybe what they should have done is bring VAR in without the rule changes at the same time. They could then have said the rule changes next year and we'll discuss how incidents and their outcome this year would be different under the proposed new rule. This would then have allowed a sensible debate about offside and handball. I suspect if they had done this then we wouldn't be discussing the Laporte incident as we are now nor possibly the offside. it's too much change all at once

Llorente effectively played the ball to himself hence he gained possesion if not control. Therefore it's not a goal.
Show me the definitive proof that it came off Laporte's arm? ,and I'm not talking about some blurry screenshot taken from behind where no one can actually see definitively who/where the ball hit. 458 pages and still no-one can prove it came off Laporte, unlike the Llorente goal.

Its the selective interpretation and application of the rules that is the issue.
If you took offence at my comments then sorry, it's not personal but I absolutely disagree with your selective interpretation.

Im not a child either but if it makes you feel better then crack on - doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I thought the handball rule changed?

Don't Ever forget the fa cup semi final at Wembley when Arsenal we're allowed to butcher David Silva..the Magician. Ref let them do it.....
Arsenal went down in my estimation that day....same day as Anthony Taylor reffedUtd away at burnley...his fav team needing a win tobeat us to the 4 th place champions league spot...they got their 3 pts.(just why would a ref from greater Manchester be chosen for Burnley v Utd...in a critical game,not on sky.under the radar..).so turned to the bomb scare at old Trafford farce ...to heap more pressure on us.Everywhere u look it's crooked.fed up with it. Var? As another poster has said. .Vary Any Result.
CTID.

If we get shafted again with VAR then maybe we should charter a plane with a banner to fly over the Etihad with that on it!

Maybe what they should have done is bring VAR in without the rule changes at the same time. They could then have said the rule changes next year and we'll discuss how incidents and their outcome this year would be different under the proposed new rule. This would then have allowed a sensible debate about offside and handball. I suspect if they had done this then we wouldn't be discussing the Laporte incident as we are now nor possibly the offside. it's too much change all at once
That's what I don't get with the changes to the handball law, last season handball was given if it was judged to be a deliberate action. This meant the referee had to judge if handball was deliberate in real time with only one viewing. Technology is then introduced to allow referees to view an incident from multiple angles and in slow motion so they change the rule to make it easier to use the technology! That seems pretty backward to me.

The problem is the PL justification is what they have decided the laws says, not what tehy actually say.

This will carry on until a goal is dissallowed at on eend to give a penaly at the other end, which would not have been given unless the goal had been scored of that possession.

I've made the point Samuel is making, myself, in various threads; the decision is wrong even under their own handball rules.

But every v.a.r, incident so far, has been responded to like a medical team facing a lawsuit, absolving themselves of all responsibility & claiming everything is correct. So what we are getting, is that each horrendous fuckup, instead of being called out as a horrendous fuckup, actually becomes the 'new' interpretation of the rule.

So, for example, the ludiicrous handball against Otamendi, becomes the new handball rule, in order to save face, so consequently the rags end up beating PSG with a handball which would never have been given.

We saw the trouble that caused previously in the World Cup, where some refs followed the 'save face' interpretation of a foul & others followed the original guidelines, so the exact same offence was being punished in opposite ways in games on the same day! I said then it's a fucking joke which should be stopped & worked on before being used, if at all.

Apparently we now have a ref claiming the foul Spurs committed, was not a pen.

So imagine that becomes the new interpretation ? Some refs will ignore it & correctly give a pen anyway, which won't be overturned, some will give it & then get it overturned, others will not give it at all.

Oliver will give it, when someone farts next to Mo Salah, as he did last season.

The cover-ups are almost as bad as having a good goal disallowed was.

It remains hugely frustrating that last week's goal was disallowed because I am absolutely convinced that the decision was wrong. Good to see one of the bigger voices in the media has said so. Although, I am not sure this bit: "and when the ball ended up with Jesus, he still had to beat several Tottenham players to score" is very relevant. That Jesus had work to do to be first to what I consider a loose ball and therefore not one Laporte or City had gained possession of as as a direct result of the handball is the key point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.