Var debate 2019/20

Luiz is ridiculous on a stick but why was that given as penalty and rodders not? the var refs and the onfield ref sticking together is not helping,parts of the system are already redundant if the var refs won't overturn the onfield refs,if they are intent on carrying on with it they have to explain what this higher threshold is,Walton doesn't know but defended the system anyway yesterday,they need to tell the public and the pundits what it means then maybe we might understand better and give them a break,it's too late for us that they have been outed as not having the right equipement to judge such a tight offside,that has gone
I think you’re conflating a few things now, so I’ll leave you to it, but as already mentioned I think VAR itself is fundamentally flawed at present.

Luiz is ridiculous on a stick but why was that given as penalty and rodders not? the var refs and the onfield ref sticking together is not helping,parts of the system are already redundant if the var refs won't overturn the onfield refs,if they are intent on carrying on with it they have to explain what this higher threshold is,Walton doesn't know but defended the system anyway yesterday,they need to tell the public and the pundits what it means then maybe we might understand better and give them a break,it's too late for us that they have been outed as not having the right equipement to judge such a tight offside,that has gone

The ref saw the salad incident so no VAR referral was required.

Oliver did not see the Rodri one. As we have seen so far, on the field non penalty decisions are not being overturned.

We are not the only ones to suffer it so far.

Do you not think it was a fucking ridiculous decision by Luiz to grab Salah’s shirt like that?
It was a pen Ric,but if any of the Liverpool players get caught like silva or Rodri dragged down do you honestly believe they will be waved away or VAR dismissing them not a chance,also if a Laporte ball brushing arm incident happens to them I for one believe it will stand as a goal,there’s a desperation for them to win the league it was there last season,and it’s carried on into this one,when they get VAR decisions going against them then I might change my mind. ( oh and not when they have the game done and dusted ) ..

Karen. Have a listen to Andy Grays summary of VAR this afternoon. You can find the video online, it’s on bein sports twitter feed.

Turns out quite a few refs from stockly park have come out and defended some of these absolutely ludicrous decisions over the last couple days. They have had a chat this week, and for whatever reason they have come out fighting and have decided to stick together. Strength in numbers.

Personally, I don’t think VAR is just impacting us. It’s pretty clear everyone has had the shit end of the stick somewhere (Liverpool aside, though to be fair there has been no need in their games because they have been without incident) so we are not alone. Swarbricks response has the same as that of Chris Foy and other ex refs who have come out defending some of these calls.

Rags should have had a pen yesterday. Tottenham today. There are more.

Like I said to Ric earlier, I do believe there is an agenda within the PL but from what I can see so far, it’s not impacted VAR.

I just think we have an incompetent group of people who have somehow managed to fuck up perfectly adequate technology.
I'll have a look,it's this sticking together and refusing to admit there have been mistakes that is getting my back up,if they said there are some teething probs but bear with us then ok,nothing will change my mind about the impact on us,we are the only ones getting such close attention and goals disallowed leading to drop points,i don't buy nothing is happening in the dippers games,i can't be persuaded that everyone else has been affected but not them

It was a pen Ric,but if any of the Liverpool players get caught like silva or Rodri dragged down do you honestly believe they will be waved away or VAR dismissing them not a chance,also if a Laporte ball brushing arm incident happens to them I for one believe it will stand as a goal,there’s a desperation for them to win the league it was there last season,and it’s carried on into this one,when they get VAR decisions going against them then I might change my mind. ( oh and not when they have the game done and dusted ) ..
To be fair, they’re all hypothetical things that you’ve mentioned. The only VAR decision I can recall involving Liverpool this season was a fairly clear dive by Tammy Abraham that went against them, albeit with European officials rather than English ones.

Think it’s fair to say we’ve had a raw deal so far, but there is nothing to suggest that Liverpool are getting beneficial decisions yet. Fairly sure people were claiming before the season started that VAR would be used to help United too, but that’s already gone quiet after the first few games.

The ref saw the salad incident so no VAR referral was required.

Oliver did not see the Rodri one. As we have seen so far, on the field non penalty decisions are not being overturned.

We are not the only ones to suffer it so far.
Oiver wasn't looking at it so isn't that a clear and obvious error that var could give? that is not overturning olivers decision as he missed it,what is clear and obvious all about then

I'll have a look,it's this sticking together and refusing to admit there have been mistakes that is getting my back up,if they said there are some teething probs but bear with us then ok,nothing will change my mind about the impact on us,we are the only ones getting such close attention and goals disallowed leading to drop points,i don't buy nothing is happening in the dippers games,i can't be persuaded that everyone else has been affected but not them

I've watched 2 of the dipper games, Norwich and Arsenal, and don't recall anything VAR worthy in either. The penalty against the arse wasn't given by VAR and there is no way it could be overturned as it was a clear pull on his shirt. (obviously Salad went down like a sac of spuds, but still a clear tug)

We have definitely suffered, but so have other clubs, i'm leaning towards incompetence at the moment rather than corruption, but I'll give it time

No it doesn't. A human moves the frames until he thinks the ball is played. At 50 frames a second he can easily manipulate it so that the attacker appears offside in tight decisions. A computer most definitely does not make the decision.

I don't disagree, the FPS should be as good as technology allows, not the cheap version the premier league have invested in, but 99% of the time the offsides are clear and that's down to the technology providing the information. Unlike penalty decisions that's down to the twat of the pitch and one in a broom cupboard in Middlesex.

VAR has so far identified ZERO clear and obvious errors by referees. What a completely useless system. It’s entire existence is supposedly to make decisions more accurate, yet it doesn’t even correct referees’ mistakes. And I don’t mean in City games, I’m not talking about bias, it’s across all games. No refereeing mistakes identified and corrected. Not one. Scrap it. All football fans, regardless of their team, should unite in getting rid of this abomination. It’s ruining the game and giving absolutely nothing back.
now we see that var isn't designed to get calls right, it's designed as a propaganda tool to make ref's look right in the wake of very poor reffing in the past, I mean how can ref's be doing a bad job when all Var decisions agree with the ref? We'll see some meaningless stat later in the year about how bad calls are down 22% based on the amount of calls overturned or not, while all the time it's just the var official covering the game official's a$$, as well as maybe furthering another agenda as some have eluded too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.