Var debate 2019/20

So no change refs can still make wrong decisions even with var and not be challenged!
Yep and as always, Liverpool receive the soft ones and we are denied two stonewall penalties (by the idiot ref on the pitch).

Var was meant to even that up but it’s completely fucking impotent on penalties as they are ‘subjective’. Why the PL decided not to use the pitchside monitorstjat they actually have in place (unlike the rest of Europe), fuck only knows. They’ll simply have to change that.

Is it right that there is a monitor for the match ref to look at and yet it haws not been used? I thought the whole point of VAR was to draw attention to things the match officials might have missed and to allow them to have another, closer look. I don't think it was ever meant for the new boy in the box to have the final say so.

The match ref HAS to be in charge - he can make mistakes or have his view obstructed, so he should be seen to have another look at the suggestion of the VAR man. There is no shame in missing things. Anyone can make a mistake -admitting it would create a better impression of refs than the arrogant 'I am always right and my mate in the VAR box agrees' does them no credit.

Anyone remember the good old days not so long ago when the liner (sorry the assistant referee is better) would intervene and help the ref with something he missed. They are miked up ffs - it's not hard and in the really olden days a decent determined liner would stay put with his flag in the air until the match ref saw it and went to see what he had seen.

I never thought I would ever agree with something Andy Gray and his side kicks said but he shows the probs with frame speed and the moment the ball is touched.

So what can we take from the weekend games ?
1/ dippers are the chosen team for the title
2/ Spurs , scum, Arsenal in fact anyone but City would be the chosen running mates alongside them, but not threaten dippers, but they are not good enough so City it is to give the impression that it is an open contest.

3/ the above named teams are useful to the prem to deflect criticism from var that is their value to the prem at this point in the season .
4/ once dippers have been given a useful headstart we will probably find that VAR decisions will start to be given to us in certain games ie. Games we have already got a decent score and the game is effectively over, and so the only thing prem can salvage from the game is the appearance of parity for VAR.
5/at some point when it is to late in the season, the var rules will be amended by the prem in some big showy way that is designed to get us to forget the start of the season and the blatant help the prem gave to the dippers in being handed the title.

Is it right that there is a monitor for the match ref to look at and yet it haws not been used? I thought the whole point of VAR was to draw attention to things the match officials might have missed and to allow them to have another, closer look. I don't think it was ever meant for the new boy in the box to have the final say so.

The match ref HAS to be in charge - he can make mistakes or have his view obstructed, so he should be seen to have another look at the suggestion of the VAR man. There is no shame in missing things. Anyone can make a mistake -admitting it would create a better impression of refs than the arrogant 'I am always right and my mate in the VAR box agrees' does them no credit.

Anyone remember the good old days not so long ago when the liner (sorry the assistant referee is better) would intervene and help the ref with something he missed. They are miked up ffs - it's not hard and in the really olden days a decent determined liner would stay put with his flag in the air until the match ref saw it and went to see what he had seen.

I never thought I would ever agree with something Andy Gray and his side kicks said but he shows the probs with frame speed and the moment the ball is touched.
Excellent post and yes, apparently there is a monitor at the side of the pitch. Watched some post on you tube post after the Spurs game where Glenn Hoddle pointed out that the ref didn’t want to keep going over to it because it would add too much time on at the end of the each game. Well, why have it at all if they’re not going to use it.

To be fair, they haven’t overturned any of 32 reviews for penalties (both ones that were given or not given) I’ve read this morning.

There’s literally no point in reviewing them at present.
Exactly
If there was one decision they could have overturned to say var was for the good of the game it was our pen yesterday
A stamp on the foot like that is not subjective
They can make up excuses with the pushing and pulling penalties but not our one
I would like to here swarbricks excuse for the stamp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.