Var debate 2019/20

It’s not just that we are 2 points down. It seems VAR is being used to rule every close call against us. Hopefully this is a blip and it’ll even itself out but I won’t hold my breath. The whole agenda in football in this country is to see the Dippers go one better and lift the title - we saw a ridiculous level of bias last year - I expect even more this year and VAR May play its part. If VAR was in use I guarantee Vinny would have walked against the Dippers last season.
I think they were dying to show off what they can do with var,we copped it for no other reason but to get us off to a bad start,i have no hope that they will apply it to other teams

I think they were dying to show off what they can do with var,we copped it for no other reason but to get us off to a bad start,i have no hope that they will apply it to other teams
The two pens disallowed and the offside so far are confirmation for me that it’s definitely a tool to use against us. You can guarantee at the end of the season we’ll have copped it the most when you add up all the decisions against the challengers

The two pens disallowed and the offside so far are confirmation for me that it’s definitely a tool to use against us. You can guarantee at the end of the season we’ll have copped it the most when you add up all the decisions against the challengers
Last season the dippers were given tons of help but still couldn't beat us,there is no reason to think that you are wrong about this being an extra tool,the prem would dearly love to have a history club at the top again,i fucking hate how paranoid this is making me,football should be fun

We will either way just on the basis we create more goals and goal scoring opportunities than anyone else. That offside as an example, that was in a game where we won 5-0. It can take teams like Newcastle seven or eight games to get that amount of goals and when they do, they’ll more than likely not be through runners breaking defensive lines like we do.

We will either way just on the basis we create more goals and goal scoring opportunities than anyone else. That offside as an example, that was in a game where we won 5-0. It can take teams like Newcastle seven or eight games to get that amount of goals and when they do, they’ll more than likely not be through runners breaking defensive lines like we do.

this has been mentioned before but its spot on

because of the way we play and the amount of possesion esp in the attaking third and teams setting up their defence on the 18yd line we will alway be the subject of more VAR enquires.

utd were also denied a clear penalty on Martial as well....spurs were denied theirs as well -

this has been mentioned before but its spot on

because of the way we play and the amount of possesion esp in the attaking third and teams setting up their defence on the 18yd line we will alway be the subject of more VAR enquires.

utd were also denied a clear penalty on Martial as well....spurs were denied theirs as well -

A VARA review also (corretly) ruled out a goal i thin it was for Brighton didnt it - another player fouling the keeper before the ball went in....not sure if the ef had seen it or not

I agree, we do exert so much more pressure on teams than anyone else but it’s the subjective side, the human end decision allowing for the bias of a hidden face in an office near Heathrow, especially when it’s essentially another referees interpretation over penalty incidents rather than lines drawn on the pitch for offsides. How do you explain away the two penalty incidents so far?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.