Struggling to get my 13 year old to come to match

This will become an increasing trend, most of the youngsters about now dont have the attention span for it i think. Theyd rather mess about with their phone

My 13 year lad's been a season ticket holder from 4 years old but he seems to have lost intrest at the moment and its a struggle to get him to come to a match these days.
Anyone else had this problem?

Have exactly the same issue. His first season was the aguero moment. He will go to United, spurs, Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal. He will look for any excuse not to go to any other game he can.

I think it’s the hassle and time it takes to get there and back when he knows it’s on the box.

Bizarrely I took him to alty v Darlington on Saturday with one of his pals which he really enjoyed

We can walk there , we went for a chip butty at the chippy first and then. He can walk round the ground to any area he wants in safety with his mate watching the game whilst I can have a beer in the stand watching the game.

Shaun goater was there as well so we got a photo with him.

As one poster said I just do not think children want to have any time anymore which they think is hard or boring. No attention span.

I have got Four lads, who share a couple of season tickets. Three of them love to go, but one is not really interested. He sometimes goes to the EFL games when there's a crowd going on cheap tickets, but he's doesn't follow football and doesn't do the fantasy football that the other lads enjoy.

I certainly would not force him, everyone is different, respect what he wants to do. Maybe later in life he might develop an interest?

Yes I have this with my 2 grandsons 13 and 15 been season ticket holders for 10 years they are interested up to a point they both have many interests outside of city, when I was there age I lived and breathed city and at first I couldn't get that they were not as I was but now I just let them be, but I have to say my days out going to matches with them is the best, along with my daughter who has been city mad since 8 years old and still is at 36.

Don’t do anything. Let him decide what he wants to do and accept it.

My daughter stopped going at the end of the 2011-12 season after witnessing the Agüero moment at the age of 16. How could she you might ask but it was what she wanted to do. My son stopped a year later at the age of 13 as he couldn’t be bothered any more.

You can’t force them into wanting to do something just because you feel passionate about it.

You cannot force him to be interested. What might help is taking one of his mates with you.
I've got three boys 10/12/14. The eldest has no interest whatsoever. The middle son will come to the match as long as he gets a hotdog at half time.
The youngest will go to any match as long as i let he sing the songs with the swear words in them! (but don't tell mum!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.