Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Wembley doesn't do a bad job, I don't much like the stadium, but it gets rid of the crowd pretty quickly really, especially as its nearly twice the size, I suppose for most finals you have 2 separate "exits", the losers first, then the winners.
It does a great job but that is exemplified by the multiple train and underground lines that service it. The Etihad needs a better transport infrastructure to serve it and also a better “service” based infrastructure to keep people around it post match be it restaurants, hotels or leisure related facilities. In my opinion.

It does a great job but that is exemplified by the multiple train and underground lines that service it. The Etihad needs a better transport infrastructure to serve it and also a better “service” based infrastructure to keep people around it post match be it restaurants, hotels or leisure related facilities. In my opinion.

One of them BOXPARK type places would be good.

Thing about Wembley I hate are the red seats... it’s the National stadium- so why are the seats not neutral coloured - or the colours of the FA - blue and white? Looks like OT or bloody Klanfield.

A lovely walk to and from.the match yesterday. 20 minutes each way. A bit of exercise, fresh air and early evening sun. A few pints and a bite of course. Getting more people , especially those carrying a few poouds to walk is the answer. Free up the tram for the disabled. Why struggle in a queue or get pushed around on a tram, walk!

A lovely walk to and from.the match yesterday. 20 minutes each way. A bit of exercise, fresh air and early evening sun. A few pints and a bite of course. Getting more people , especially those carrying a few poouds to walk is the answer. Free up the tram for the disabled. Why struggle in a queue or get pushed around on a tram, walk!
First time I've walked to & from the stadium from Piccadilly yesterday. Plenty of people doing it & it only took me 15/20 minutes at a leisurely pace. Will probably do it more often now I know it's not that bad. Thing is, the shit weather will soon be with us which might change my mind.

Good call... I always walk from town - to the ground. As you say its a pleasant 20 minute walk. The tram is crammed and expensive. if you are able bodied it's far better to burn a few calories. I guess the tram is an option if you are going further than Piccadilly.

Here’s a thought. Been reading most of your posts about infrastructure and what not. How about increasing the ground capacity first and let Manchester council think oh shit we now need to do something because we are grid locked. :-)

Well, i hope the capacity is increased soon.

I cant get tickets for the wolves game which is unbelievable really.

Without doubt, we are experiencing unprecedented demand for tickets and not just for the top games.

We are definitely moving into the need for more seats conversation.

Just as was predicted by our glorious club, built it and they will come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.