Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I would relocate the family stand to the South Stand corner blocks, next to the Colin Bell stand.

Blocks 121, 119’ 118.(117?)

I think a large majority of current south standers will move to the North Stand.

That will free up 1000’s of seats in the South Stand.

I know most of 114 and 115 would move.

I would Love to know how many seats the family stand takes up in the NS. As many NS seats are kept aside for schools, staff, etc.

Is level 2 classed as the family stand as well, or is that normal seating?
You could probably half the family stand if you filtered out all the adults that are using family stand tickets without kids

Agree totally. Some of the best Atmospheres I can remember - Hamburg, we were up against it. Derby where Vinny got sent off early on, Chelsea when Luiz should have gone...all cracking atmospheres.

Personally, I know I haven't felt as 'up for it' this year, as pretty much every game is a walk in the park. Yet this is far and away the best team I've ever watched, playing, at times, the best brand of football.

A proper quandary,
Indeed.

But we haven't played anyone big yet other than the Rags and Newcastle.

We still have Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Wolves, Spurs and Leicester to come at home. That's almost all of our big games.

I also think that we had better atmospheres when more local rivals were in the league like Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn etc. especially when we could take between 4-7000 away from home to those places. When we'd have a full raucous away end at those places i think it would follow on with a few good weeks of it at home games n'all, usually becuse we'd come up with a new chant. And other big clubs like Newcastle being up and down, Villa+Sunderland+Blackburn who were English football's first three big and most successful clubs, Sheff Weds, Leeds, Sheff U, Forest etc. not being up in the Prem... i've always thought "fuck 'em, they've had a century to be a top club and they've failed so don't deserve to be in the Prem" and that's right, but the Prem is worse off without them really now thinking about it.

You could probably half the family stand if you filtered out all the adults that are using family stand tickets without kids

True - that’s why the ‘family product’ needs to be a specific ticket not tied to a Stand - I.e. if you meet the criteria you get a cheaper product with associated benefits but you can sit (or stand if you prefer) in any stand.

why dont city only allow fans in if they are with there child? make a child ticket £300 and they can have one parent for free

All seater stadium, Sky sanitising the game, weird kick off times have all contributed to totally different atmospheres across all grounds in the last couple of decades. For me there isn’t an obvious solution. Some things will help like safe standing but we’re all kidding ourselves if we think it will ever be like it was (and what was that anyway?). When all grounds are ‘at it’ we’re as loud as any. The question should be what makes us ‘at it’.

I would relocate the family stand to the South Stand corner blocks, next to the Colin Bell stand.

Is level 2 classed as the family stand as well, or is that normal seating?

Yes - I'm at the edge of CB in 232 on the end of the FS allocation. My block seems to be 90% season ticket holders. Same faces every week with kids. Shocking that the padded seat 10 along from me costs £300 more a year!

Obviously you can't ban kids or OAP's from the proposed standing area, but if they made it non-concessions only they wouldn't have any problem getting people to move IMO

Priority should be getting first tier full for every game, especially the front few rows

Stick all complimentary tickets up in the 3rd tier Colin Bell

Blocks of empty seats kill atmosphere before kick off imo, creates a sense of apathy.

I'd paint them dark blue as well so it's less noticeable

All seater stadium, Sky sanitising the game, weird kick off times have all contributed to totally different atmospheres across all grounds in the last couple of decades. For me there isn’t an obvious solution. Some things will help like safe standing but we’re all kidding ourselves if we think it will ever be like it was (and what was that anyway?). When all grounds are ‘at it’ we’re as loud as any. The question should be what makes us ‘at it’.

Pretty much spot on, though I do think large standing sections would help. I think an all-standing first tier would be immense.

Obviously you can't ban kids or OAP's from the proposed standing area, but if they made it non-concessions only they wouldn't have any problem getting people to move IMO

Priority should be getting first tier full for every game, especially the front few rows

Stick all complimentary tickets up in the 3rd tier Colin Bell

Blocks of empty seats kill atmosphere before kick off imo, creates a sense of apathy.

I'd paint them dark blue as well so it's less noticeable

As some other posters noted, there may be some opposition but i believe under the terms of your ticket. City have the right to move you at any time. They did with the tunnel club and moved a few hundred. Lucky we got 93.20 for 2 seasons. Not sure how they would handle a few thousands families!

I have stood at a few sporting events and for many its difficult whether it be the physically of all it. Even if its 1-4-1 per "standing seat". It can be tricky. Look at most standing sporting events and its generally always males over 18.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.