Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Good call... I always walk from town - to the ground. As you say its a pleasant 20 minute walk. The tram is crammed and expensive. if you are able bodied it's far better to burn a few calories. I guess the tram is an option if you are going further than Piccadilly.

Varies beforehand, but afterwards I’ll nearly always walk into town then get the tram out to Alty from there.

It does a great job but that is exemplified by the multiple train and underground lines that service it. The Etihad needs a better transport infrastructure to serve it and also a better “service” based infrastructure to keep people around it post match be it restaurants, hotels or leisure related facilities. In my opinion.
Wembley Way can be packed, side to side full of people and going back hundreds of yards. But the flow of getting them on a tube is quicker than the small [in comparison] queue post-game trying to get a Met at the Etihad.

I’d bet it’s three times the amount of people in half the time.

First time I've walked to & from the stadium from Piccadilly yesterday. Plenty of people doing it & it only took me 15/20 minutes at a leisurely pace. Will probably do it more often now I know it's not that bad. Thing is, the shit weather will soon be with us which might change my mind.
That’s when it’s a problem.

If you’re going to a pub in Town, I reckon by the time you get there it’s actually a 30 minute walk and in the rain you can be soaked and not actually feel like going in the pub.

Wembley Way can be packed, side to side full of people and going back hundreds of yards. But the flow of getting them on a tube is quicker than the small [in comparison] queue post-game trying to get a Met at the Etihad.

I’d bet it’s three times the amount of people in half the time.

Trains are every 10 mins to various locations towards and away from the city. Same with the underground and of course they’re larger capacity. City have to work better with Metrolink for a higher frequency of trams

Well, i hope the capacity is increased soon.

I cant get tickets for the wolves game which is unbelievable really.

Without doubt, we are experiencing unprecedented demand for tickets and not just for the top games.

We are definitely moving into the need for more seats conversation.

Just as was predicted by our glorious club, built it and they will come.

Me too. You can barely get two seats together for league games which is no good at all

I walk to and from Oxford Road Station, and what I like about it is you can make numerous different turns here and there to change the route slightly, or join the canal at different places, so it doesn't get too samey samey.

If the weather is gash, then I'll sometimes jump on the bus to and from Piccadilly Gardens, which is handy as I'm sat in the South Stand, but I much prefer walking.

Thing about Wembley I hate are the red seats... it’s the National stadium- so why are the seats not neutral coloured - or the colours of the FA - blue and white? Looks like OT or bloody Klanfield.

Why are the colours of the FA blue and white? That makes no sense, they should be red and white to reflect the English flag. I couldn't understand the blue kit England started wearing a few seasons back either for the same reason.

That said, I don't like the red seats in Wembley either, too 'loud' a colour, white would be better.

I came
That’s when it’s a problem.

If you’re going to a pub in Town, I reckon by the time you get there it’s actually a 30 minute walk and in the rain you can be soaked and not actually feel like going in the pub.
Get the bus then. No. 216. Loads lined up on Ashton New Rs. £2. 10 mins in, 15 mins out.

Why are the colours of the FA blue and white? That makes no sense, they should be red and white to reflect the English flag. I couldn't understand the blue kit England started wearing a few seasons back either for the same reason.

That said, I don't like the red seats in Wembley either, too 'loud' a colour, white would be better.

Dunno why the FAs colours are blue and white but there’s no rule that a nations kit should reflect their flag. Italy play in the colours of their former Royal family - and Germany don’t play in Yellow, red and black. Personally I like the classic 1960’s England kit of white shirt, navy shorts and white socks - the modern versions of it have been awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.