Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The development of Ancoats has helped greatly. There's the bars and eateries of Blossom Street and Cask by the canal is a great place to have a jar and is about half way between the ground and town. Though I still miss the Bank of England pub :-/

Just looked at fitting in another game between now and Christmas, and can't find seats together for any game. Will wait for exchange tickets, but if ticket sales are what they are waiting for, surely an announcement can't be to long coming.

The development of Ancoats has helped greatly. There's the bars and eateries of Blossom Street and Cask by the canal is a great place to have a jar and is about half way between the ground and town. Though I still miss the Bank of England pub :-/
There needs to be more like this. It'd break up the walk for many.

Dunno why the FAs colours are blue and white but there’s no rule that a nations kit should reflect their flag. Italy play in the colours of their former Royal family - and Germany don’t play in Yellow, red and black. Personally I like the classic 1960’s England kit of white shirt, navy shorts and white socks - the modern versions of it have been awful.
Italy, Holland, Germany all don’t wear the colour of their flags. Would be weird Holland not wearing orange.

Reactions: nmc
Talk, and it is just talk at the moment of pedestrianising Deansgate, but it will certainly happen. The City centre is almost completely devoid of cars in the day when once it was completely choked. What will happen to Manchester Arndale / Market St / St Annes Sq. Debenhams, Kendals?

People even if they could come into Manchester by public transport are not going to. How does this affect City? Not sure, but there's talk of the City centre expanding outwards. Will it? I think there are some massive housing plans near Collyhurst. I see the City growing residentially but as a shopping centre, I think it's done.

Talk, and it is just talk at the moment of pedestrianising Deansgate, but it will certainly happen. The City centre is almost completely devoid of cars in the day when once it was completely choked. What will happen to Manchester Arndale / Market St / St Annes Sq. Debenhams, Kendals?

People even if they could come into Manchester by public transport are not going to. How does this affect City? Not sure, but there's talk of the City centre expanding outwards. Will it? I think there are some massive housing plans near Collyhurst. I see the City growing residentially but as a shopping centre, I think it's done.

Sign the petition.

To: Manchester City Council
Prioritise People not Cars. Please Pedestrianise Deansgate

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petiti...se-deansgate-in-manchester?just_launched=true

COMMENT | Time to reclaim Manchester’s streets

5 Apr 2018, 15:49 Comments (23)

It was the celebrated US city philosopher Lewis Mumford who said: “Forget the damned motorcar, build cities for lovers and friends”. It is a mantra that Manchester could do well to take note of, writes Danny Crump.

9-DF15182-E727-4426-8371-8-DFFA06-F630-D.jpg

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/comment-time-to-reclaim-manchesters-streets/

The city centre has expanded exponentially when you consider the expansion of the northern quarter beyond Great Ancoats and the developments at the end of Deansgate to the periphery of Hulme.

Sign the petition.

To: Manchester City Council
Prioritise People not Cars. Please Pedestrianise Deansgate

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petiti...se-deansgate-in-manchester?just_launched=true

COMMENT | Time to reclaim Manchester’s streets

5 Apr 2018, 15:49 Comments (23)

It was the celebrated US city philosopher Lewis Mumford who said: “Forget the damned motorcar, build cities for lovers and friends”. It is a mantra that Manchester could do well to take note of, writes Danny Crump.

9-DF15182-E727-4426-8371-8-DFFA06-F630-D.jpg

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/comment-time-to-reclaim-manchesters-streets/
which would be great if we could somehow export the typical Manchester weather!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.