Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s also a fact that you haven’t won your own domestic league for nearly thirty years, and that surely rankles with a club your size. A couple of CL wins in that time soften the blow, for sure, but I still think you’re being disingenuous.

Then you’d lose that bet, as I’ve seen a number of interviews with our players and manager where they say the Premier League is the priority.

It’s a weird one, the league. It’s been so long it’s almost comedic now but it is a monkey we need to get off our back. But we’ve got a fella there who’s giving us the best chance to correct it so all we can do is sit back and wait. I’ll also be looking forward to Anfield Euro nights and some decent trips. Like you, mate, it’s all rosy in our gardens. Going to be a great season.

I really can’t fathom how you devalue the CL so much but each to his own. And plenty of league champions have won it, and others haven't. What’s important is what you do when it matters. Doesn’t matter what the format is, league or knock out.
Win us a European Cup and you’re forever immortalised at our gaff. If he wins the league as well, even better. But if he didn’t, it would only be because of the fact that there was a once in a lifetime team in the same period. It’s not like he’s been nowhere near it and he’s looking okay this year. The more pertinent question is would Guardiola be deemed a failure if he doesn’t win the CL with that squad?
No. A failure? Give over. The two best Premier League seasons in history... Pep. The only domestic treble in history... Pep. 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies... Pep.

Fucking “failure”?

The more pertinent question is would Guardiola be deemed a failure if he doesn’t win the CL with that squad?
I don’t think any sensible observer would deem Guardiola a failure purely for not winning the Champions League at City. It’s an idiotic take.

No. A failure? Give over. The two best Premier League seasons in history... Pep. The only domestic treble in history... Pep. 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies... Pep.

Fucking “failure”?

I didn’t say that I thought he was or would be a failure, I asked whether the fans or the wider game would see it as that. It’s probably the best all round squad in Europe, fair play. Wouldn’t expect burning effigies outside your ground like but squads like that aren’t just assembled for domestic domination.
I think he’s a great manager, him and JK are the best in the world.

Would he be a failure bwahahahahaha every fucking team in the land is copying the way he wants to play football, how many trophies has he won as city boss? How many records. Piss off mate if that’s failure I’ll take it everyday of the week. We’ve been robbed in the champs league once against you and once against Tottenham by shite officiating. You know that had you played us last year in the final you’d have lost. Away from klanfield even in Europe you’re nowt. Spurs just did their usual and you were gifted a one nil lead with surprise surprise a penalty. It am 40 years old mate and have spent most of them years hating Utd with a passion the shite pedalled by the media and your idiot fan base though is actually putting you lot up there with them. To be fair as well, I hated them because they were winning everything for over a decade, you lot have won one trophy and are just a bunch of arrogant deluded self entitled irritants.

I didn’t say that I thought he was or would be a failure, I asked whether the fans or the wider game would see it as that. It’s probably the best all round squad in Europe, fair play. Wouldn’t expect burning effigies outside your ground like but squads like that aren’t just assembled for domestic domination.
I think he’s a great manager, him and JK are the best in the world.
Liverpool’s players win awards left, right and centre. You had two players in the FIFA best 11 or whatever it is. You all repeatedly claim to have the best goalkeeper in the world, you have the best full backs in the world, the best defender in the world, the best player in the world and the best front 3 in the world. This is the general consensus of Liverpool fans. You even now have the best manager in the world apparently. You should be winning everything in sight. But you don’t. Don’t come here talking about squads with the way you talk up your own.

Then you’d lose that bet, as I’ve seen a number of interviews with our players and manager where they say the Premier League is the priority.

I think that’s more a sop for the media in the country to be honest. It’d be a PR disaster if everyone said they wanted the PL above all else. To explain my point, why does EVERY top player want to play in the CL? Why do top players turn down top teams that aren’t in the CL? Because they can’t fulfil their ambitions playing in Baku on a Thursday.

Liverpool’s players win awards left, right and centre. You had two players in the FIFA best 11 or whatever it is. You all repeatedly claim to have the best goalkeeper in the world, you have the best full backs in the world, the best defender in the world, the best player in the world and the best front 3 in the world. This is the general consensus of Liverpool fans. You even now have the best manager in the world apparently. You should be winning everything in sight. But you don’t. Don’t come here talking about squads with the way you talk up your own.

I haven’t said one thing about our squad on here. For the record, I wouldn’t swap any of our front three for yours, I would probably swap most of the midfield bar one or two and I’d definitely have Laporte. But it’s not about that. Different squads doing different things. The two can be compared and contrasted without reaching for black and white. They’re two teams playing some of the best football England has ever seen. It’s not a bad thing, you know.

I think that’s more a sop for the media in the country to be honest. It’d be a PR disaster if everyone said they wanted the PL above all else. To explain my point, why does EVERY top player want to play in the CL? Why do top players turn down top teams that aren’t in the CL? Because they can’t fulfil their ambitions playing in Baku on a Thursday.
I think you’re conflating two separate issues here. Of course top players would prefer to play in the Champions League rather than the Europa League. That’s a given.

Using your logic though, do you really think a player is more likely to sign for, say, Schalke than Man United? The Champions League evidently isn’t the be all and end all.

I haven’t said one thing about our squad on here. For the record, I wouldn’t swap any of our front three for yours, I would probably swap most of the midfield bar one or two and I’d definitely have Laporte. But it’s not about that. Different squads doing different things. The two can be compared and contrasted without reaching for black and white. They’re two teams playing some of the best football England has ever seen. It’s not a bad thing, you know.

Any chance we could swap anterior cruciate ligaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.