Bands or artists to see before you or they die

Apart from people like Hendrix who went before my time, I saw all the 'greats' and most listed here, bar the two I really wish I had seen, The Cars and The Dream Syndicate.

Saw him earlier this year in Innsbruck. Worst gig I’ve ever been to

I know. I’ve seen some of his recent live performances on YouTube and stuff. It’s dreadful.
But he is one of the greatest iconic artists in music history - for that reason it would be an honour to see him.

I know. I’ve seen some of his recent live performances on YouTube and stuff. It’s dreadful.
But he is one of the greatest iconic artists in music history - for that reason it would be an honour to see him.
I thought the same too. I love his music. Was really excited about the gig, but it was absolute shit and, as a live performer, he can just f&&k off

Pink Floyd
Genesis
Rolling Stones
Yes
Kate Bush
Led Zeppelin
Robert Plant
Oasis and High Flying Birds
Eric Clapton
Tom Jones
Bob Dylan
Rory Gallagher
Thin Lizzy
Simon and Garfunkel
David Bowie
Lou Reid
King Crimson
Bruce
Roxy Music

Would be my list.
Of those, I missed Rory, Simon And Garfunkel and Bob Dylan and have seen the rest. Kate Bush, Before the Dawn, still my favourite concert.
I think Rory is dead?

From a long time ago, Judith Durham of The Seekers. She was my first crush, except maybe for Paula whatsername at school, and she still has the clearest, purest voice I've heard. 75 now and still singing but think she's only performing at home in Australia these days. (Also liked Joe Cocker who had a bit of a different kind of music.)
Judith Durham, massively underrated. You are so right about the purity of her voice. Haunting and beautiful.

Have seen

Jam
Clàsh
Ramones
Eagles
Blondie
XTC
Kraftwerk
PiL
Patti Smith
Glen Campbell
Tony Bennett
Beach Boys
Rolling Stones
Prince

and many more

Sinatra is the man I'll always regret missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.