Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Traffic links are a concern, particularly when there is a gig and a match at the same time - evening kick offs are going to be fun for sure. However, if it goes the way of Glasgow and the SE Hydro, it will attract new business to the campus such as Hotels and that can only be a good thing. The Hydro is served by A Premier Inn, a Holiday Inn, a Crowne Plaza, a Campanille, a Village Urban and a Radisson that are all within a few minutes walk. Imagine the difference that would create to footfall on the Campus.

I assume they're looking at this facility to kick-start the further development of the collar site. As you say, if an arena brings in the kinds of numbers that 100 plus events a year will attract, it becomes an attractive leisure destination.

They must have some ideas to improve the transport links, mustn't they? On the face of it, might there be a possibility of OVG being asked to make a contribution to the costs of that under a section 106 agreement?

I assume they're looking at this facility to kick-start the further development of the collar site. As you say, if an arena brings in the kinds of numbers that 100 plus events a year will attract, it becomes an attractive leisure destination.

They must have some ideas to improve the transport links, mustn't they? On the face of it, might there be a possibility of OVG being asked to make a contribution to the costs of that under a section 106 agreement?

Early stage transport plans.

fullsizeoutput-24c.jpg

fullsizeoutput-24a.jpg

fullsizeoutput-249.jpg

fullsizeoutput-246.jpg

fullsizeoutput-24b.jpg

Forget the transport. It will sort itself out in a few years. See what the students are doing now that cars are off Oxford Rd. Skateboards, segways, motorised scooters. It wont be long until we are travelling back to Manchester or Rochdale on scooters and such like.

The last picture. When you consider different match days kick off times, bar a late kick offs, or Weekend games at the Etihad, that pretty much reads correct.

Could be a lot to manage if fixture changes clash with an event.

What about national rail connections on that Viaduct line. Would be great something direct to the airport but not sure if possible currently. I guess Man Picc is so close its not really viable.

I appreciate soil testing pilling rigs don't make very exciting pictures, but you've go to start somewhere. Lol!

There were testing in 2 separate locations as took the pictures. They had already tested in at least 1 other location from what I could see. 3rd picture. More pictures to follow.

fullsizeoutput-254.jpg

fullsizeoutput-255.jpg

fullsizeoutput-253.jpg

Last edited:

Id expect hotels / restaurants to follow fairly quickly after its given the go ahead if they are talking of events 150 plus days a year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.