Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That’s why the club are looking at so many options.

Safe Standing proposed sections.

NS lower level, NS new level 2 at the front, SS level 3 at the back, back of the NS lower, etc. See my screen grabs from the email posted further back.

Those of us, including me, I’ll be honest, want to see a home end full of singers and City fans. Yes I like being stood near the away fans, but the SS is a total mess, with home fans, away fans, a corporate block, a restaurant, etc. That’s not a home end. And it isn’t generating an atmosphere, bar the big games. The 2 singing sections either side of the away fans can’t hear each other, and the don’t sing together. Different chants, different times, etc. If we could unite both those singing sections into one area of the NS, that would be better. Saying that, I expect many of those in those areas to stay there, because they are close to the away fans, and because of the easy access in and out of the stadium. No need to walk around it.

I agree, and understand the concerns of the family stand. Where is the best place to move it, if it is moved? If it isn’t moved, then the final chance of creating a proper home end, explained above, won’t work, and will be gone, as you can’t have a safe standing singing stand/section mixed in with the family stand?(see below)

Either way, fans are going to be unhappy whatever the club decide. That was the case when fans were turfed out of the original NS to make way for the family stand. And when fans were moved out of level 2 to make way for corporate seating. As the club has the final say, and from past experience, City fans have to accept the clubs final decision and move. The club will give fans new seats, or fans will eventually find the right seats via the relocation window.

As I keep on saying, we don’t know the number of fans, and the amount of seasts and blocks involved, if the family stand is moved. It certainly won’t be the whole of the current lower or upper North Stand.

Spot on.
There has to be an incentive to drive this forward though. A lot of younger City fans don’t associate themselves with the Kippax or even Maine Rd. the club, 1894 group et al all need to get on board with the whole City end thing and encourage like minded fans to congregate at this end. Designated singing areas of 1-2000 fans won’t work.

If the north stand becomes a home end then the club has to offer value tickets in a new family stand to sweeten the move. It's a balance because the family stand is securing our future fans but equally we want thr atmosphere to improve and the stand behind the goal shouldn't be a family end when our side stands are three tiers and unlikely to ever generate the atmosphere to get the rest of the ground going. Not everyone will be happy regardless of what the club does but I think all would agree we need an improved atmosphere in the ground.

Totally agree, you just think they should be seeking the opinion of fans who will be affected or who they think would buy into a larger singing section/home end. Don’t think my mum and dad are representative of the fan who might opt for safe standing, yet they were sent a questionnaire!
In all honesty, I would buy into it and would stay in a designated home end over a family stand any day! I hope they do it and get it done soon.

Just a thought. If its widely accepted that many who currently populate the South Stand want to stay near the away fans, how many would be prepared to transfer to an extended North Stand and who therefore would instigate the singing. Wouldn't that scenario dissipate the existing singing sections. I think those who are promoting a new Dortmund style end need to ensure they truly do have the backing of thousands of fans otherwise its going to end up a damp squib. Quite how you achieve this I don't know. I think the Club needs to come out and say this is our preferred option and then conduct a survey based on that. By the way, in order that proper consultation happens they should aim it at every single supporter on the Clubs data base. If as a result of that survey there is sufficient numbers of supporters to make a new home end viable then they should insist that supporters pay a significant deposit and commit to vacate their seat. If you withdraw your deposit you forfeit your seat. The deposit would be paid 2/3 years before the completion of the new stand, in other words now. This would identify which seats become available to supporters who then would voluntarily transfer out of the NS. Freeze new season ticket applications and transfers (except NS Supporters) over the same period creating even more choice for transferees and then apply inducements to help the moves. This would give the Club breathing space in order to facilitate the moves. Thoughts?

Make the SS lower the new family stand. Forces all standers/singers to move. Make East Stand lower tier ALL STANDING and extend the concourse to include access to bars outside in a new fenced-off fan zone with half time replays on big screens etc. Make the North Stand expansion the new home for those who don't want to stand in the East lower and job's a good un.

Just a thought. If its widely accepted that many who currently populate the South Stand want to stay near the away fans, how many would be prepared to transfer to an extended North Stand and who therefore would instigate the singing. Wouldn't that scenario dissipate the existing singing sections. I think those who are promoting a new Dortmund style end need to ensure they truly do have the backing of thousands of fans otherwise its going to end up a damp squib. Quite how you achieve this I don't know. I think the Club needs to come out and say this is our preferred option and then conduct a survey based on that. By the way, in order that proper consultation happens they should aim it at every single supporter on the Clubs data base. If as a result of that survey there is sufficient numbers of supporters to make a new home end viable then they should insist that supporters pay a significant deposit and commit to vacate their seat. If you withdraw your deposit you forfeit your seat. The deposit would be paid 2/3 years before the completion of the new stand, in other words now. This would identify which seats become available to supporters who then would voluntarily transfer out of the NS. Freeze new season ticket applications and transfers (except NS Supporters) over the same period creating even more choice for transferees and then apply inducements to help the moves. This would give the Club breathing space in order to facilitate the moves. Thoughts?

1894 have already asked for at least 1 block in any redeveloped NS.

High costs for Safe Standing is almost guaranteed as a controlling measure.

The last thing any PL club will do immediately after standing becomes legal is fill their section with a bunch of boozed up 25-35 year olds in groups of mates.

They will want older, wealthier fans less likely to get into trouble and kill safe standing again.

Rightly or wrongly that's what they'll be thinking.

The club don’t mind selling booze. I’m sure they’d like to sell more booze if they could.

On the flip side, better to have as many boozed up 18-50 year olds ;-) in one stand instead of around the stadium.

Older and wealthier fans don’t want to stand in a section full of younger fans singing constantly.(hopefully)

just a thought.

I would make all of the new North stand safe standing.

I would move the family stand to the front if the North stand second tier. I would make the whole of the North Stand lower tier the official singing section. I’d give 1894 the 2 centre blocks behind the goal.

So North stand lower, official safe standing singing section. North stand level 2, front blocks, family stand. The family stand is moved up and the kids get the front blocks, so they see the match better, and can hear and get involved in the chants below them. They could also sit down. Behind the family stand I would have normal safe standing in the remainder of the second tier, where Adult City fans can stand or sit.

But please bear in mind, if the family stand is moved to the front of level 2, they will hear swearing and abusive chants at times. Remember, there is no perfect solution. Somethings have to give. And it won’t be a stand tailored for kids and families anymore.

That'll turf me out of my front row NS2 seat behind the goal!! :) And they hear plenty of that from me. Do you think fans could move away from away fans? Don't other clubs' most noisy fans normally locate near away fans for this reason. I have concerns that it would be more fragmented if that happened.

Make the SS lower the new family stand. Forces all standers/singers to move. Make East Stand lower tier ALL STANDING and extend the concourse to include access to bars outside in a new fenced-off fan zone with half time replays on big screens etc. Make the North Stand expansion the new home for those who don't want to stand in the East lower and job's a good un.

You can't force thousands fans who have chosen to watch the game from pitchside for decades to watch from behind the gaol. The best views are from the East & West stands that's why they're more expensive. Don't think singing section fans would want to be paying £800 plus for the privilege either.

You can't force thousands fans who have chosen to watch the game from pitchside for decades to watch from behind the gaol. The best views are from the East & West stands that's why they're more expensive. Don't think singing section fans would want to be paying £800 plus for the privilege either.

Fuck me, not seen that in the plans?

Cants City pay someone to get on the school buses around Greater Manchester and sign up the biggest mouths for the new North End. Obviously rags would be excluded or signed up to be a small section of Anita Blues to bounce off for atmosphere in the new stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.