Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I do wonder whether all of the clubs good intentions are part of the problem. Seeking to compartmentalise us all and gathering tons of data on our intentions etc. In the 1920s clubs built large stadia - largely standing, charged realistic admission fees and generally filled the place. I think we do need to gauge the interest in safe standing but beyond that we need to extend the North Stand and price it properly. Personally I think £580 for a season ticket is too expensive - unless it includes cup games. Honestly I’d go for much cheaper pricing - outside the corporate areas circa £300 for adults and £150 for kids. People will find what suits them and sit or stand in large numbers if we price in line with the financial abilities of our supporters. I think all the analysis, profiling etc is being done to justify a pricing structure that’s unrealistic and too expensive. Just expand the ground and price it to increase demand.

I expect pricing will mirror the South stand. It should certainly be no more if we are looking to add 8k plus seats.

Different Topic, I noticed while familiarising myself with who the Board members are a new appointment from July this year. Abdulla Khouri who is Chairman of Abu Dhabi Motor Sports, the company that runs the Yas Marina Circuit. He is also Chairman of Flash Entertainment who's interests include Music, Sports & Entertainment eventing, they also have a minority holding in UFC. Might this appointment be significant in terms of looking for a leisure partner to run the complex to be built on the Collar Site.

The club don’t mind selling booze. I’m sure they’d like to sell more booze if they could.

On the flip side, better to have as many boozed up 18-50 year olds ;-) in one stand instead of around the stadium.

Older and wealthier fans don’t want to stand in a section full of younger fans singing constantly.(hopefully)
Some of us old ****s are loud mate and I'm well past 50

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.