Harry Dunn

So if she wasn't entitled to diplomatic immunity then she has simply left the country which means the police can apply for her to be Extradited. This is what happens, it is the law as simple as. There is no need to go on a national media campaign, no need to go to America and no need to be on television every day which certainly cant be good for them.

That only came out as they started digging. It sounds to me and this is only an assumption of course, that someone thought, " Simple working class family, we'll tell them she was covered by diplomatic immunity and they'll accept it and go away." Then when this news came out they put it to Trump who being Trump and viewing it as an attack on America starts the "She won't be extradited " rhetoric. I say good on them and who cares if they get the media behind them? Their son was killed by a woman driving on the wrong side of the road and hit head on. She said she would cooperate with the police and was doing so until she realised she might be in bigger shit than she thought and fled.

They went to America to put pressure on. Trump has a God like complex, he has already pardoned people he thought shouldn't be imprisoned so I wouldn't set much stall out with staying at home and waiting for the law to take it's course.

Everyone deals with grief differently. I found by keeping busy it helped. The whole world now knows about their son's story and therefore massive pressure is heaped on the Yanks to do the right thing and get the woman back to the UK to face up for what her negligence caused, the death of another Hunan being. I'm sure they'd rather have their son back alive and go back to being unknown Mr and Mrs suburbia but unfortunately for them that isn't going to happen.

Kaz, my point is going to the states does not put any pressure on her to return. If she has Dip. Immunity she isn't coming back. If the yanks told her to leave she aint coming back. If she has no get out of jail free card she isn't coming back either unless she is extradited no matter how many talk shows they goes on. The whole thing is the new way people grieve, like putting flowers and teddy bears at the scene of a murder. total stupid waste of money. Like turning up at Hillsborough when you don't even know the first thing about football (my next door neighbour) it is just feeding the media frenzy. I would love a psychologists take on it all as I do not think it is good for them in the long run.
They have lost a child,i would back whatever they want to do,they are running on angry at the momement,i would rather the channel it than sit at home and get overwhelmed by it,plus how many times has this happened to other families and nothing has happened,maybe this might change things for other families

Just been on Politics Live on BBC2, Russell-Moyle just said it’s not clear yet if she had “full diplomatic immunity” and Jo Coburn moved quickly on saying “the Foreign Office is looking at that and can she still claim it, let’s move on and talk about Brexit”. Obviously a contentious issue that’s not been cleared up just yet.

The system will do what it does. Even if she can legally be extradited it isn't clear cut she will be. If Trump feels it will help his cause back home and both government's are in tandem it will happen. If our government feel trade deals will be lost by pursuing it, or in other words big bucks from the rich people benefitting, she probably won't be.

Her life has changed now. She'll be getting (and deserving) abuse through the mail and won't be able to go out in public without someone confronting her. This will last for months, maybe years. Don't know much about her but wouldn't be surprised to hear she's got a privileged life and thinks wealth & being American can shield her from the consequences of her actions. Hope the Dunn family don't now get more deeply involved in a media circus than they already are, as happened with the McCann case in Portugal, they've got to keep their lad as the focus and not let their own lives get dragged into it - you can bet the woman's lawyers will be looking for ways to make the Dunns look bad in order to divert attention from their client.

Kaz, my point is going to the states does not put any pressure on her to return. If she has Dip. Immunity she isn't coming back. If the yanks told her to leave she aint coming back. If she has no get out of jail free card she isn't coming back either unless she is extradited no matter how many talk shows they goes on. The whole thing is the new way people grieve, like putting flowers and teddy bears at the scene of a murder. total stupid waste of money. Like turning up at Hillsborough when you don't even know the first thing about football (my next door neighbour) it is just feeding the media frenzy. I would love a psychologists take on it all as I do not think it is good for them in the long run.

This is a unique case tbh. We have someone who has killed a young lad and looks like not facing any form punishment. Nothing, diddly fuckin squat, no court case, she basically wants to say sorry to the parents and that's it. And it seems that reading post on here it's the parents who are now getting the grief.

Let me ask you this Blue Mist, If she has no immunity and is told it's basically up to you if you want to go back over to the UK to face the music, what would you think of her if she said "Fuck that"

I wonder if it was a male whether he would have acted differently to her, and if it was a male, would he have been treated differently by the ‘law’ and would the media have made a bigger noise?

The facts are that a man was killed by somebody, allegedly through dangerous driving, and a political leader is obstructing a trial going ahead. That cannot be right, for any reason.

Last edited:
When Trump says American first he means it for everything. Killing UK subjects included.
He also said if he shot a man on Fifth Avenue he'd get away with it. His recent actions show he thinks he's above the law. So can you expect him to put much value an ordinary "foreign" person's life?

The system will do what it does. Even if she can legally be extradited it isn't clear cut she will be. If Trump feels it will help his cause back home and both government's are in tandem it will happen. If our government feel trade deals will be lost by pursuing it, or in other words big bucks from the rich people benefitting, she probably won't be.
Agree, there will be shenanigans going on in the background that we won’t get to hear about. I’m sure most of us would suffer the loss of trade deals just to bring this one kid back but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that and the family have paid the ultimate price, so sad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.