Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won the Champions League and got 97 pts.... It is fairly obvious City had the better season, but pointless to suggest Liverpool were not also brilliant.

'That team who won the CL and accumulated 97 pts were fucking shite weren't they?' Sounds stupid

If you acknowledge another team has had a good season, you won't spontaneously combust.

They definitely had a very good season.

The thing is though that their fans, media and you as a City fan are using words like brilliant to describe a season where they won the Champions League (a cup competition they lost four times in out of thirteen) finished the season on 97 points again very good, to somehow say that it overrides a team who achieved winning all domestic trophies on offer (also, could be classed as very unlucky to lose in the Champions league) something no other team has done in the whole history of our league, achieved 98 points in the league ( the year before 100, again created history) now that sounds fúcking stupid.

Words like brilliant and such being used for liverpool when referring to last season really should only be used for the team that created history in that same season for something that may not be repeated again in our lifetimes.

They won the Champions League and got 97 pts.... It is fairly obvious City had the better season, but pointless to suggest Liverpool were not also brilliant.

'That team who won the CL and accumulated 97 pts were fucking shite weren't they?' Sounds stupid

If you acknowledge another team has had a good season, you won't spontaneously combust .

I never said they were shit or didn't have a good season? Do you always put words in other people mouths?
I think "you" need to calm down in case you spontaneously combust.
The point being made was that the press were somehow inferring that they were on our level and that the only difference between us was 1 point.
They had a good season, that is all. They had a genuine 7 point advantage at one point and bottled it. I can assure you if we had done that the narrative would have been very different.
To get to within that one point, they had to sacrifice other games. They couldn't compete on a like for like level even though we were also defending the title.
They have been VERY lucky with injuries. Dived and cheated their way through, and STILL failed.

This year they have been ahead because of our failures. They haven't stepped up. They are also still being lucky with injuries.
Even if they go 9 points ahead doesn't mean they will win the league. But the press will be crowning them as champions.
They have been good for a while now, but i still won't say they are equals. They have won a knockout competition, that doesn't automatically make them brilliant.
However if they do win the league then i would be the first to say they deserved it...

Last edited:
They definitely had a very good season.

The thing is though that their fans, media and you as a City fan are using words like brilliant to describe a season where they won the Champions League (a cup competition they lost four times in out of thirteen) finished the season on 97 points again very good, to somehow say that it overrides a team who achieved winning all domestic trophies on offer (also, could be classed as very unlucky to lose in the Champions league) something no other team has done in the whole history of our league, achieved 98 points in the league ( the year before 100, again created history) now that sounds fúcking stupid.

Words like brilliant and such being used for liverpool when referring to last season really should only be used for the team that created history in that same season for something that may not be repeated again in our lifetimes.

What username does he use on RAWK I wonder ?

It resulted in what I suggested would happen, I'll let you work it out most of them say who they support a few try and pretend but its blindingly obvious.
I guess someone’s been banned and posts deleted? All I see is Smevchenko being accused due to his odd sympathy for the dippers. But as stated before I know him personally (have for 20 years) and he is most definitely a City fan.

I guess someone’s been banned and posts deleted? All I see is Smevchenko being accused due to his odd sympathy for the dippers. But as stated before I know him personally (have for 20 years) and he is most definitely a City fan.
It was Aguerosilvalaporte that was dealt with — @cleavers wasn’t implying there were suspicions with Smevchenko, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.