Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’ll be given a ‘leg up’ against The Chavs. Can’t see the media darlings being allowed to drop points now that they’re top and dominating the league from the start.
Hopefully the Chavs will put a spanner in the Candlepool wheel, can’t see it happening though.

The keeper is debatable. I think the defence is better considering the attacking qualities of the fullbacks.
Fabinho is an excellent holding midfielder.
Your midfield is ridiculous. So many options in attack.
The Silva's? Mahrez? Sane?
De Bruyne..... Pure class
Sterling, not as good as De Bruyne but still world class
Aguero..... No words needed really. Has done it year in year out.
Liverpool wouldn't have anywhere near the same wealth of options up front. After the main 3 there's Origi, who will do a job, or Shaqiri who's shown to be useful at times but you'd have to agree are a major drop from the strongest attack.
There's an argument to be made for our front 3 to be a stronger attack when on form and playing together but take one out and it's dramatically weakened.
If they all stay fit for the season I think you'll have a fight on your hands and that can only make it more enjoyable right?

Your defence is better because Klippety sticks three holding midfielders in front of van Dijkhead.

Carragher banging on that Liverpool beating Chelsea is a blow to us. WTF is he on about? And I read other day Neville said Fabinho best holding midfielder in the league. Dinho and Kante both better and have the medals to prove it.

Keeping that particuar accolade warm for Rodri

The keeper is debatable. I think the defence is better considering the attacking qualities of the fullbacks.
Fabinho is an excellent holding midfielder.
Your midfield is ridiculous. So many options in attack.
The Silva's? Mahrez? Sane?
De Bruyne..... Pure class
Sterling, not as good as De Bruyne but still world class
Aguero..... No words needed really. Has done it year in year out.
Liverpool wouldn't have anywhere near the same wealth of options up front. After the main 3 there's Origi, who will do a job, or Shaqiri who's shown to be useful at times but you'd have to agree are a major drop from the strongest attack.
There's an argument to be made for our front 3 to be a stronger attack when on form and playing together but take one out and it's dramatically weakened.
If they all stay fit for the season I think you'll have a fight on your hands and that can only make it more enjoyable right?
We know we have a great team, no response necessary to a piss take. Prefer no competition , better to win it at a stroll and save our energy for the won title we crave above all ours CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE.

Its behind a paywall and may need it’s own thread but just when you couldn’t hate the ****s any more they hack into our scouting system
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liverpool-paid-manchester-city-1m-spy-settlement-mxkns7mb6

Dick move by all accounts. Not going to gain much traction in the media I don’t think, if it was the other way around it certainly would.

But it happened in 2013, the same season they signed moses, sahko, mignolet, kolo and aspas.
They were shite then and it didnt do them any good either

We don’t need Liverpool blowing a 10 point lead to make our titles feel worthy, the 100 point win was incredible. Last year was good but not even our closest challenge in recent years.

The title is hardly less worthy regardless how it's won. Liverpool hardly blew a 10 point lead either once city had a game in hand. I'll say 7 points ahead in January and losing by a point sounds bad but one loss and 7 draws in a season is a great achievement and there's no shame to lose to a team that does better than that. Unheard of really.
Last year wasn't your closest challenge in recent years, correct. However, it came down to the last game and Man city went behind in that match too. I think we're splitting hairs when debating which minute Man City went ahead in the table. It was a close title challenge.
I do think that Liverpool struggle with the pressure at the top though. I'd fancy us to lose a lot quicker leading the pack as opposed to chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.