Var debate 2019/20

I think if some of the rules were actually changed it would help VAR and refs

For instance -these decisions by micro millimetres whether someone is onside/offside - go back to when there had to be clear daylight between attacker and defender - this would make decisions a lot easier and a much higer percentage of being right...maybe still not perfect but it would be a lot better.

Handball rule - everyone knows this needs changing - (what i cannt stand is the media, pundits, ex-players saying that when someone jumps and their hand/arm is raised that the arm is in an unatural position - it isnt...to jump and get momentum and power you have to raise you arms...no one jumps with their hands/arms by their sides)
The handball rule needs changing - i dont know if others would agree but it should be at least the same rule for the defender and attacker but it s clearly wrong at present.

Fouls - this definitely needs looking at....the one vs Atalanta for us is a prime example -yes it was shit by Gundogan to give the ball away where he did, and equally as shit as what Bravo did going to ground in that fashion but the attacker hurdled him and deliberately left a leg trailing (no idea why - he was past Bravo) - if refs, pundits, commentators cannt see it was deliberate they shouldnt be anywhere near a football pitch - when the attacker initiates contact (Mane being another example) then it shouldnt be a foul - we are ruining the game (and it started a long time ago to be fair) with this. Mane's comments about feelign contact and going down - this is he issue right there....youo fall over cause you cannot maintain your balance not becuase you you feel contact - its a game of skill and keeping your balance under pressure is a skill (Imagine Kun going down when Ohnua cliops him for the 93:20 goal vs QPR - he may have got a penalty, he may not but Ohnua does just clip him as he goes to shoot...we could never have had that moment if Kun had gone down cause he felt contact but he had the "skill" to stay on his feet.

For instance -these decisions by micro millimetres whether someone is onside/offside - go back to when there had to be clear daylight between attacker and defender - this would make decisions a lot easier

on this, I think you would still get the same controversy- what is clear daylight ? If there’s millimetre of daylight that can be seen then people will say it’s a joke that it’s been called offside.

For instance -these decisions by micro millimetres whether someone is onside/offside - go back to when there had to be clear daylight between attacker and defender - this would make decisions a lot easier and a much higer percentage of being right...maybe still not perfect but it would be a lot better.

Handball rule - everyone knows this needs changing - (what i cannt stand is the media, pundits, ex-players saying that when someone jumps and their hand/arm is raised that the arm is in an unatural position - it isnt...to jump and get momentum and power you have to raise you arms...no one jumps with their hands/arms by their sides)
The handball rule needs changing - i dont know if others would agree but it should be at least the same rule for the defender and attacker but it s clearly wrong at present.

Fouls - this definitely needs looking at....the one vs Atalanta for us is a prime example -yes it was shit by Gundogan to give the ball away where he did, and equally as shit as what Bravo did going to ground in that fashion but the attacker hurdled him and deliberately left a leg trailing (no idea why - he was past Bravo) - if refs, pundits, commentators cannt see it was deliberate they shouldnt be anywhere near a football pitch - when the attacker initiates contact (Mane being another example) then it shouldnt be a foul - we are ruining the game (and it started a long time ago to be fair) with this. Mane's comments about feelign contact and going down - this is he issue right there....youo fall over cause you cannot maintain your balance not becuase you you feel contact - its a game of skill and keeping your balance under pressure is a skill (Imagine Kun going down when Ohnua cliops him for the 93:20 goal vs QPR - he may have got a penalty, he may not but Ohnua does just clip him as he goes to shoot...we could never have had that moment if Kun had gone down cause he felt contact but he had the "skill" to stay on his feet.

It would help Simon if the PL/FA and bloody PiGMOL would take their fingers out of their ears and listen to what everybody is telling them . Their current system and application is utter shite and needs to be overhauled immediately.

But the blind , deaf and blatantly arrogant hierarchy do not want to be told , as in their infinite wisdom they know best. And football is being destroyed by these people !

on this, I think you would still get the same controversy- what is clear daylight ? If there’s millimetre of daylight that can be seen then people will say it’s a joke that it’s been called offside.

there will always be people who moan (usually the ones that the decision goes against) - but this way would leave less margin for error at least.

Yima for Everton knocks over the Sheffield Utd player in the box. No penalty. Identical incident straight after.between the 2 same players. Free kick. Unbelievable Jeff.
They have over complicated things. You can make allowances for margin of error in the equipment for offsides. The refs can check the monitors and make the decision. Mike Riley's position is untenable because huge damage is now being caused to the Premier League brand across the world. VAR is supposed to help the referee and linesmen make decisions, not replace them.

I’m not sure. I seem to remember quite a furore in the media at the time and journalists basically saying our refs had been snubbed.

That’s because they didn’t understand what was going on or pretended not to, at least

Clattenburg quit. And the FIFA process for picking referees isn’t a next cab off the rank system

I think if VAR requires NASA like technology to judge if a toe is offside(see Shef Utd) then it should be umpires call

VAR at the moment seems only to be there to find ways of disallowing goals rather than correcting genuinely bad decisions and/or mistakes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.