Michael Oliver to ref Liverpool v City - City lodge complaint

We should make clear that we don't want him involved in our games in future, either on the pitch or back at Stockley (sp?) Park. Even if (as I'm guessing is the case) we're not allowed to veto refereeing appointments. It would make public our unhappiness with Oliver.
We probably would be fined if we did. We probably won't see for a while though to take the heat out of the situation. I am trying hard to think that this is just plain and simple incompetence but it is getting harder with each passing week not to believe something more sinister is afoot.

We probably would be fined if we did. We probably won't see for a while though to take the heat out of the situation. I am trying hard to think that this is just plain and simple incompetence but it is getting harder with each passing week not to believe something more sinister is afoot.
Well; if we get fined, I'd be prepared to chip in to any "fighting fund". Times are hard, and I'm sure HRH will be looking at tightening the purse strings. You can put me down for a tenner.

Nah. They would find it far more acceptable if Man U/Liverpool win it many times in a row rather than us, but they would prefer more teams to win the title. They wouldn't be ecstatic to see the PL being won by one club all the time.

The post you are replying to is right: they are afraid that City will become far more powerful than the traditional big clubs and ruin the brand. It's obvious that we are playing against the referees and that was the case also last season, given that we got only 4 penalties which is absurd for the best attacking team on the planet.

This season the refereeing mistakes against us are on another level though and it is obvious why. Now that we are 9 pts behind Liverpool they might try to be more objective but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Nor I.

Would you put it past them to manipulate us out of the top 4?

I would say that we don't recommend him being appointed for City games as we would fear for his safety.

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

1- The new rule is regards to goals. City would have been awarded a set piece.

2- If they don’t give it because of handball against Silva then they have to bring back play for a free kick to Liverpool in their box (they can’t play advantage because that would still be a penalty).

I hear what you're saying but I also feel it would have been very harsh to give a penalty. If Trent's is handball then it (the pen) is a chance created by the Silva handball - which means that it City's pen shouldn't be given. For me the ref has two options he either gives nothing (as he did) or he gives a freekick for the Silva handball.

p6YJFJm_d.jpg

Bullshit, shirley?

I think Pep should have come out and said 'this is the same referee that incorrectly missed a pen against Spurs and now twice again against another top 4 opposition'.
He would have been hit with a ban for speaking the truth but maybe in the long run we would have benefited from him highlighting it to the media.
I`d have bet that HH would have paid for any fine.

I hear what you're saying but I also feel it would have been very harsh to give a penalty. If Trent's is handball then it (the pen) is a chance created by the Silva handball - which means that it City's pen shouldn't be given. For me the ref has two options he either gives nothing (as he did) or he gives a freekick for the Silva handball.

They said that Silva's accidental handball was discounted and that the scouse bastard had his arm in a natural position.. That negates your argument.
Even if they had given the grievers a free kick you wouldn't have scored from the breakaway.
What about triple foreheads push on Sterling.. Even you must admit it was a penalty

Last edited:
His arm was by his side,he raised it to connect with the ball,he was miles away from bernie,every man and his dog says penalty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.