Mikel Oyarzabal

Absolutely not what we need. For me, Sane is the biggest loss this year, because even with Laporte or Ederson out, having him in the team would restrict their counters as they'd be scared of Sane & Sterling on the break. Teams know they can park in their box for a bit, go man to man, and then break against a makeshift defence.

Oyarzabal, for however many goals he scores, would be a big step backwards, as would most wingers. He’d make us 1-dimensional.

Last edited:
Absolutely not what we need. For me, Sane is the biggest loss this year, because even with Laporte or Ederson out, having him in the team would restrict their counters as they'd be scared of Sane & Sterling on the break. Teams know they can park in their box for a bit, go man to man, and then break against a makeshift defence.

Oyarzabal, for however many goals he scores, would be a big step backwards, as would most wingers. He’d make us 1-dimensional.
Yeah Oyarzabal doesn't fit our profile at all. I don't want more Mahrez type wingers. We need quick, skillful wingers. If Sane does go then Dembele should the player to target.

I think Oyarzabal is lined up as second choice or third choice option. City apparently have 3 targets for each position they want to strengthen.

Yeah Oyarzabal doesn't fit our profile at all. I don't want more Mahrez type wingers. We need quick, skillful wingers. If Sane does go then Dembele should the player to target.

I think Oyarzabal is lined up as second choice or third choice option. City apparently have 3 targets for each position they want to strengthen.
I was reading some stats (cant find them now) and mahrez has been involved most in all our attacking plays, in fact he leads in this stat for the premier league,ill try and find the stat,

must be bollox as I cant find it anywhere :)

Last edited:

Whilst I agree with you that we need a fast winger like Dembele rather than someone like Oyarzabal, his attitude is terrible and he would not get along with Pep.

Whilst I agree with you that we need a fast winger like Dembele rather than someone like Oyarzabal, his attitude is terrible and he would not get along with Pep.
Not necessarily. If Dembele is serious about his career and Pep gets to his head (hes very good at this), that attitude problem can be fixed. But I appreciate that is not guaranteed it can be fixed though, ill give you that.

Etoo at Barca had terrible attitude, yet Pep got along with him and Etoo produced world class performances. He was then sold year later due to big wage demands.

Not necessarily. If Dembele is serious about his career and Pep gets to his head (hes very good at this), that attitude problem can be fixed. But I appreciate that is not guaranteed it can be fixed though, ill give you that.

Etoo at Barca had terrible attitude, yet Pep got along with him and Etoo produced world class performances. He was then sold year later due to big wage demands.
Where did you dream that one from???
Curious as i could of sworn eto has trash talked pep on numerous occasions!

The Times reports that Oyarzabal is our target to replace Sane in Janaury. £68m release clause

Concern is that Sterling would be our only fast forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.