Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

I think the yank was talking about freedom of speech specifically and he does have a point. The général ills of American sociéty are well documentéd and your probably right about that.
You might be right, if so sorry for going for your neck @ChicagoBlue but my overarching
point is this isn't something we should be measuring dicks over. We should be working together as humans and sort out how to handle this mess before it’s too late.

Remind of the punishment Liverpool received when their entire team wore Suarez T-shirt’s AFTER he had been found guilty of racism towards Evra......
We need to mount an orchestrated anti-Sky, FA and media campaign as fans - make the Etihad a hostile atmosphere for them, banners etc. I’d love us to boycott a home FA Cup game as a statement - we’ve got to do something as it appears our club wont

agreed, need to make a noise about how we feel towards fa / sky / bbc

not so much club wont it is they cant, but we can

Time to really back our boys, blues.

Win or loose. Pep & our squad are being hit from every angle & really need fans support.

they deserve the best atmosphere for the rest of the season even if we finish 4th. I actually don’t care this season.

fuk var
Fuk fa
Fuk UEFA

Fines for racism in sport in the past. How can £50k be right bearing in mind the FA have agreed it was racist.

September 2011 - Bulgaria
In a similar incident to Monday's, Bulgarian fans directed monkey chants at England trio Ashley Cole, Theo Walcott and Ashley Young during a Euro 2012 qualifier in Sofia. Punishment: £34,320 fine

April 2012 - Porto
Mario Balotelli was subjected to monkey chants from Porto fans while playing for Manchester City in a Europa League game. Punishment: £16,700 fine

June 2012 - Russia
Russian fans made monkey noises at Czech Republic full-back Theodor Gebre Selassie during Euro 2012. Punishment: £24,203 fine

June 2012 - Spain
At the same tournament, Spanish fans directed racist abuse to Italy striker Balotelli. Punishment: £16,137 fine

October 2012 - Lazio fans were heard making monkey noises at three Tottenham players - Jermain Defoe, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend - during a Europa League group game at White Hart Lane. Punishment: £32,500 fine

August 2019 Millwall have been fined £10,000 and told to "implement an action plan" after it was ruled some fans chanted racist language during an FA Cup game.
Not much point in comparing UEFA and FA fines, as they're two completely separate bodies. I think everyone is in universal agreement that the fines/sanctions handed out by UEFA have been wholly inadequate, hence why they are no closer to solving the problem.

Remind of the punishment Liverpool received when their entire team wore Suarez T-shirt’s AFTER he had been found guilty of racism towards Evra......
We need to mount an orchestrated anti-Sky, FA and media campaign as fans - make the Etihad a hostile atmosphere for them, banners etc. I’d love us to boycott a home FA Cup game as a statement - we’ve got to do something as it appears our club wont

Why would they get punishment for supporting g Suarez? When has anyone ever got punished for taking a side in a racism incident?

Guardiola has had no punishment for supporting Bernardo despite him being found guilty.

Why would they get punishment for supporting g Suarez? When has anyone ever got punished for taking a side in a racism incident?

Guardiola has had no punishment for supporting Bernardo despite him being found guilty.
Maybe you should ask a few Bulgarians, but it still didn't stop the fa from handing out a bigger fine to Bernardo than the one UEFA doled out to the Bulgarian FA. That was some going when you consider the Bulgarians have a serious record of ignoring the antics of racist fans.

The 'face to face education' element? Is Dianne Abbot providing it? Is it scheduled for the next six City kick off times - prompt!
America, eh?! Fuck me, we are reaching for someone, something, some other, so we don’t have to look at ourselves and realize WE are the problem!

I obviously live in America and am aghast when I come back to England that every commercial in TV during the day is either car insurance or “do you have an insurance claim.” Come over to the States some time and and see the difference. Yes, we have a few major car insurers vying for your business, but the whole “have you been injured in the job?” bullshit is relegated to a few shit commercials in a few shit channels on the overnight programming... and doesn’t run on a constant loop all fucking day!

And, lastly, I have never seen such snowflakes as I see every time I come back over to Blighty!!! Every word has some hidden meaning that is now forbidden and you can actually get into serious trouble for saying some of them! But, not to worry, eh, it’s the damn Yanks....where freedom of speech actually exists...although it is starting to get very British, with people getting all sensitive about everything! First Amendment...thank goodness!

I agree about the constant ambulance chasing shitehawk commercials, but Dippers have to get their ST money from somewhere, don't they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.